Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Triple tap

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

On Apr 14, 9:47*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I used to have a tap, most call a triple tap. *The one I had was
actually 6 taps. *It had a screwdriver handle and three taps on a
shank that you could flip in the handle and had 3 more.

I have not been able to find this online. *Anyone know who makes
these?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

Those multi-taps are cool when you need to clean up the threads
on some sort of panel cover or electrical box...

They aren't really meant to do much more threading than that...

Yeah, that is what I used mine in the past for.

I need a tap now to clean some threads in a computer case. The holes
for the motherboard stand offs are painted and hard to get it. In the
past I have had the hold down come out when backing out the hold down
screws. I don't want that to happen again.

I should have spent 20 more on the case so I don't have to spend 20
bucks on a tap, but I have missed mine. They do come in handy
sometimes.

Definitely much easier to carry one reversible tool in the tool
bag when up in a bucket lift than it is to carry a tap set...

~~ Evan