Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaky Faucet Revisited

Last week I posted about my nearly new Delta faucet that had started
leaking. Tuesday a plumber came out and checked and told me that it
was still under warranty. He helped me call Delta customer service
and they mailed another one out Wednesday. It came Thursday. Today
(Friday) it has been installed. I know someone on here mentioned that
Delta has a one year warranty but it never occurred to me that it
would be the problem -- I thought the original plumber did or did not
do something. Turns out that i was just a defective
product....anyway, thank you for all who helped. And thank goodness
Delta does stand behind their warranties. The person who helped me
there was really nice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 11:14*am, Dottie wrote:
Last week I posted about my nearly new Delta faucet that had started
leaking. Tuesday a plumber came out and checked and told me that it
was still under warranty. *He helped me call Delta customer service
and they mailed another one out Wednesday. *It came Thursday. *Today
(Friday) it has been installed. *I know someone on here mentioned that
Delta has a one year warranty but it never occurred to me that it
would be the problem -- I thought the original plumber did or did not
do something. *Turns out that i was just a defective
product....anyway, thank you for all who helped. *And thank goodness
Delta does stand behind their warranties. *The person who helped me
there was really nice.

I wouldn't be real happy about it as tradesman cost is probably
significant.
A good product to me does not fail early.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:14 am, wrote:
Last week I posted about my nearly new Delta faucet that had started
leaking. Tuesday a plumber came out and checked and told me that it
was still under warranty. He helped me call Delta customer service
and they mailed another one out Wednesday. It came Thursday. Today
(Friday) it has been installed. I know someone on here mentioned that
Delta has a one year warranty but it never occurred to me that it
would be the problem -- I thought the original plumber did or did not
do something. Turns out that i was just a defective
product....anyway, thank you for all who helped. And thank goodness
Delta does stand behind their warranties. The person who helped me
there was really nice.

I wouldn't be real happy about it as tradesman cost is probably
significant.
A good product to me does not fail early.

Hmmm
She mentioned it was defective. When my house was built in '94, all the
fixtures were Delta. Only thing so far I had to work on any of them was
on kitchen swivel single handle faucet with vege. spray hose. Diverter
valve got stuck and replaced it with bronze valve. Nothing else went
wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2011 12:51 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Frank wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:14 am, wrote:
[...]

No, I know nothing about Delta. I'm just saying that even if warranted,
cost to replace may be high. This is true of most stuff in the house.
Part warranty does not include labor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:14 am, wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Replacing most of things around house does not involve rocket science.
Whem proper tool is not at hand or use the tool improperly can cause
a big trouble/injury.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 12:57*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Frank wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:14 am, *wrote:
[...]

wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?- Hide quoted text -

Finger twitch on the send button?

I have a white delta faucet and sprayer in my kitchen. It has a
lifetime warranty. I've gotten parts for it several times free from
delta. Including the faucet spout where the white has come off. I
think I have my hw setting too high. But it never costs me anything.
Of course I'm doing the labor.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:28:32 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

[...]

Why do you try to rain on her parade. More important to you to
strut your stuff than think about how she'll take it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 25, 11:57*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Frank wrote:
On Mar 25, 11:14 am, *wrote:
[...]

Tony, you already made your point in your first post.

Joe

A Leaky Faucet Jeff Home Repair 2 June 26th 06 12:43 PM
leaky faucet badgolferman Home Repair 1 November 16th 05 12:24 PM
leaky laundry faucet Tony Tung Home Repair 5 December 25th 04 01:48 AM
leaky shower faucet [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 30th 04 09:48 PM
leaky kitchen faucet kep1113 Home Repair 1 November 19th 03 01:23 PM