Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Bill Pay

I have been using Charter for my ISP for a very long time. I have my
email address tied to bill pay. Because I am changing ISPs my email
address is no longer valid. I have started sending my gmail address
to the utility and insurance companies.

Having an email address that is not tied to your ISP is a good idea,
but not the perfect idea. It would be nice if I had an email address
furnished by my bank for bills only. If you used the email only for
bills, the bank could add another level of security. A bank can have
a "permission only" email address. This would allow the bank to block
all email that is not already on a white list. The bank knows every
month what email you should receive. When you add a utility to your
online bill pay, you also furnish the email address it will be coming
from. Any notices or changes will always go directly to the bank and
no spam what so ever.

-------
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
[...]

Huh? I don't email any bills. They are bank transfers and I don't give my
email address to log on to the accounts or to my bank. Maybe you need a
better bank?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:28:06 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

My bank sends the money. I get the statements email.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

OK, but I'm still missing something in your explanation. I don't see how
that adds security. Especially your sentence about adding a utility, you
also furnish the email address it comes from. No one I pay from the ban
gives a crap about my email.

????????---Bill Jerry - OHIO Woodworking 23 January 11th 11 04:07 PM
For Bill Doug Winterburn Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 January 11th 11 04:11 AM
What is it? Set 354-Bill Jerry - OHIO Woodworking 2 September 18th 10 06:22 AM
Bill Bill UK diy 0 April 6th 10 08:19 PM
How Much Is Your Gas Bill NTL News UK diy 23 January 25th 06 07:35 PM