Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman Reciprocating Saw

I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Larry T. Suddarth" wrote in message
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Best fix is to buy a Milwaukee Sawzall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes. Craftsman makes nearly everything they sell "off spec"
so you have to buy Craftsman parts. Lawn mowers, vacuum
cleaners, engines, you name it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry T. Suddarth" wrote in message
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open
Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as
they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common
problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fix: Don't buy Craftsman products.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry T. Suddarth" wrote in message
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open
Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as
they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common
problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Honest, hardworking people who are unsuspecting. That's
who.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren"
wrote in message

It don't make sense that Craftsman would have a proprietary
blade
design. Who would buy that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sand it thinner! make it fit!
I put a dodge motor in a Willys Truck,

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 13, 8:22*pm, "Larry T. Suddarth" wrote:
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. *Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Others are made with that style holder so I'd look to see if there is
anything preventing it from opening all the way. Or perhaps it's got
an adjustment somewhere. Worst case disassembly and a little filing
or grinding should solve your problem and from then on just by regular
replacement blades at lowes or home depot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 13, 10:17*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Honest, *hardworking people who are unsuspecting. That's
who.

and people who live off of Sears Credit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Honest, hardworking people who are unsuspecting. That's
who.

Screw them! It's free enterprise at it's finest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2011 8:02 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Mar 13, 8:22 pm, "Larry T. wrote:
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Others are made with that style holder so I'd look to see if there is
anything preventing it from opening all the way. Or perhaps it's got
an adjustment somewhere. Worst case disassembly and a little filing
or grinding should solve your problem and from then on just by regular
replacement blades at lowes or home depot.

I had resigned myself to doing that but thought I would ask if there's
some simple adjustment I could do first. It looks like there's a cap
head screw holding it onto the arm which goes back into the gearbox but
there's no way to get to it without taking the casing apart.

I guess I'll learn more than I wanted to know about this saw before I'm
finished!

Thanks for all the replies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:44:21 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:16:15 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Larry T. Suddarth" wrote in message
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Best fix is to buy a Milwaukee Sawzall.

I have a corded one. My cordless Bosch had a defective quick change
blade holder. On the first day it would drop the blade out. I couldn't
cut an acorn with it.

Went to the authorized repair shop and they fixed it under warranty.

It don't make sense that Craftsman would have a proprietary blade
design. Who would buy that?

I've been told Sears sells quite a lot of crap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:12:14 -0700, Oren wrote:

wrote:

"Larry T. Suddarth" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 10A Craftsman Reciprocating Saw with a Flip Open Blade Holder.
I am unable to use blades from other manufacturers in it as they seem
to be thicker than the Craftsman blades. Is this a common problem and
is there a fix?

Thanks,

Best fix is to buy a Milwaukee Sawzall.

I have a corded one. My cordless Bosch had a defective quick change
blade holder. On the first day it would drop the blade out. I couldn't
cut an acorn with it.

Went to the authorized repair shop and they fixed it under warranty.

It don't make sense that Craftsman would have a proprietary blade
design. Who would buy that?

I've been told Sears sells quite a lot of crap.

I don't buy tools there now. Have most of what I need. I do have
many tools from Sears that are 25 years old or more.

I've thrown most of my away by now.

My shop-vac keeps on ticking, as do all the other older tools. How
terrible of a tool can a hammer be?

Yeah, I still have a Sears shop-vac and a hammer or two. ...and some
wrenches. All the power tools (except the RAS, which hasn't been used in 15
years) are long gone.

I once loved a girl that worked at Sears.

Umm, I wasn't talking about that sort of tool.

reciprocating saw Anthona Home Repair 36 March 15th 10 04:00 AM
Mini Reciprocating Saw Al Bundy Home Repair 5 September 13th 07 01:46 AM
Reciprocating Saw davex1001 Home Repair 18 June 14th 06 09:57 PM
$50 craftsman reciprocating saw -- opinion? flipper Home Repair 13 November 14th 05 06:28 PM
PC Reciprocating Saw Jerry Woodworking 2 July 30th 03 10:31 PM