Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Shrinking Demand: Help Google Fight Against Content Farms, eHow

http://www.fastcompany.com/1727593/h...arms-spam-ehow

Google is at war with content farms, websites with "shallow or
low-quality content" that clutter Google search results and make it
difficult for users to find what they're looking for. A

Cut!

shallow or low-quality content. Google Groups duh.
Google is the most responsible. I hope Bing starts eating their
lunch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.fastcompany.com/1727593/h...arms-spam-ehow

Google is at war with content farms, websites with "shallow or
low-quality content" that clutter Google search results and make it
difficult for users to find what they're looking for. A

I often use the -ehow modifier when I am searching for something and know
there will be a spamming of ehow bull****tery among the results.

Good on Google for filtering those *******s out of the mix.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2011 3:47 PM Metspitzer spake thus:

http://www.fastcompany.com/1727593/h...arms-spam-ehow

Google is at war with content farms, websites with "shallow or
low-quality content" that clutter Google search results and make it
difficult for users to find what they're looking for. A

Cut!

shallow or low-quality content. Google Groups duh.
Google is the most responsible. I hope Bing starts eating their
lunch.

I've been using Bing a lot recently for just that reason.

It has a long way to go before it rivals Google, unfortunately. Many
implementation problems apparent (like it doesn't seem to honor text in
quotation marks, which is an essential search function). And a
comparison of the same search vs. Google is not as good.

--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 14, 9:21*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.fastcompany.com/1727593/h...ainst-content-...

Google is at war with content farms, websites with "shallow or
low-quality content" that clutter Google search results and make it
difficult for users to find what they're looking for. A

I often use the -ehow modifier when I am searching for something and know
there will be a spamming of ehow bull****tery among the results.

Good on Google for filtering those *******s out of the mix.

Jon

Would your method work if it also included

-about.com

I find that it is also a huge waste of useless BS
Posted to alt.home.repair

Limp Arbor wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:21 pm, "Jon Danniken" wrote:

I often use the -ehow modifier when I am searching for something and
know there will be a spamming of ehow bull****tery among the results.

Good on Google for filtering those *******s out of the mix.

Jon

Would your method work if it also included

-about.com

I find that it is also a huge waste of useless BS

I don't find as many problems with about.com. On the occasion I have used
the site, the contributors have actually been knowledgeable about the topic,
and their SEO isn't aggresive as ehow.

Still, I much prefer a non-ad laden site, mostly from people who put up a
site for the benefit of the community as a whole, or, if there is a good
specialty forum (like terrylove.com or plumbingforum.com or johnbridge.com),
I will just root around in there.

Jon