Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filling voids

Is Good Stuff the best thing to use, or is there a product that does not
expand so much, isn't so tenacious to get off, and seals well?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2011 12:45 AM, Steve B wrote:
Is Good Stuff the best thing to use, or is there a product that does not
expand so much, isn't so tenacious to get off, and seals well?

Steve

I believe the name of the expanding foam sealer is "Great Stuff" I've
used it for years and have had great luck with it. One thing I do is
to make a dam out of cardboard, I'll cut it to fit around a pipe that
comes out a block wall so there's no big blob on the outside with the
foam expanding inside the wall. "Good Stuff" is a song by The B-52's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4T6JBB-w0g

TDD :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

Is Good Stuff the best thing to use, or is there a product that does
not expand so much, isn't so tenacious to get off, and seals well?

Great Stuff comes in two versions; one expands more, and the other
expands less. Both of them are hard to clean up.

DAP has a similar product that's water-based. I used it for the first
time a week or two ago, and it cleaned up with a damp rag, even from
brick. Downside: It took a long time to cure, and it cost twice as much
as the Great Stuff.

--
Steve B
New Life Home Improvement

Epoxy to fill knot voids at edge? manyirons Woodworking 13 July 13th 10 09:48 PM
filling a gap cj Home Repair 4 May 28th 10 07:12 PM
tankless water heater and voids Frank Cusack Home Repair 3 April 10th 07 05:42 PM
Filling or covering voids in cast aluminum? Mike Patterson Metalworking 2 November 27th 05 02:54 AM