Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default P-trap slip joint still leaking

The slip joint where my PVC sink trap enters the copper drain stack is
STILL leaking.

I've been to the plumbing supply, Mom&Pop's Hardware, Ace, Home Depot,
and Lowes. NOBODY has heard of a "special" slip joint nut and washer
for a copper fitting.

They keep sending me home with exactly what I already have. New trap
parts, nuts and washers slow the leak to varying degrees, but never
stop it.

The water is CLEARLY coming out between the washer and the PVC trap
pipe.

Should I just slather some liquid pipe dope on the PVC, stuff it into
the copper, nut it up, and be done with it?

If that doesn't work I'm going to wrap it with Mighty Fix-it tape and
give up.

leaking p-trap joint [email protected] Home Repair 16 January 26th 11 04:43 AM
leaking radiator joint andyv UK diy 11 March 29th 10 05:42 PM
Leaking Copper Joint Bill Lee Home Repair 13 November 13th 05 11:25 PM
Leaking waste downpipe (into trap) [email protected] UK diy 0 February 21st 05 10:26 AM
Leaking copper joint john UK diy 7 June 11th 04 12:44 AM