Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New source for Multimaster (and clone) blades

Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new
product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't cost
an arm and a leg.

They say:

If you love your Fein Multimaster tool, but squirm at the cost of Fein's
blade accessories, Imperial blades are made just for you. Proudly made
in USA, these blades fit the Fein Multimaster, Dremel Multi-Max, Bosch
Multi-X, Chicago Multi-Tool & Craftsman Multi-Tool.

So they'll fit my Harbor Freight $34 vibrator. The blades have an odd
hole pattern, probably to fit all these different tools.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

(I've ordered stuff from them, so can vouch that they're legit and give
good service.)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM Bob F spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new
product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't
cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

And I thought the HF blades were overpriced.

So where do you get your replacement blades?

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new
product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't
cost an arm and a leg.

They say:

If you love your Fein Multimaster tool, but squirm at the cost of
Fein's blade accessories, Imperial blades are made just for you.
Proudly made in USA, these blades fit the Fein Multimaster, Dremel
Multi-Max, Bosch Multi-X, Chicago Multi-Tool & Craftsman
Multi-Tool. So they'll fit my Harbor Freight $34 vibrator. The blades have an
odd
hole pattern, probably to fit all these different tools.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

(I've ordered stuff from them, so can vouch that they're legit and
give good service.)

And I thought the HF blades were overpriced.

The ones I have I bought at HF. I don't think I paid as much as they are going
for now. Maybe they were on sale when the I happened to see them in the store.
Even now, they are cheaper than the ones mentioned by the OP. His suggested site
does have more selection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new
product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't
cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

And I thought the HF blades were overpriced.

So where do you get your replacement blades?

I make my own. When a cutting blade wears down to the scraper level, I get
out my rotary Dremel and re-notch it. The result works at about 85% of the
efficiency of a new blade.

Ultimately I do have to get a new blade, but I **** and moan about the $9.99
price for a three-pack from HF.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2011 5:25 AM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a
new product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that
don't cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

And I thought the HF blades were overpriced.

So where do you get your replacement blades?

I make my own. When a cutting blade wears down to the scraper level, I get
out my rotary Dremel and re-notch it. The result works at about 85% of the
efficiency of a new blade.

Right. That works on the plain steel blades, but obviously not with the
carbide or diamond blades. I've bought both at HF, which seem to be
pretty good quality, and a hell of a lot less than the brand-name ones.