Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another multimaster clone

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at 29.95+VAT.
180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel close to the
real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is that Rockworth or Rockwell?

Rockwell:
https://www.sonicrafter.com/index.asp

The Rockwell appears to be the same as the Worx one from Argos, and
Worx spares are supposedly available from the manufacturer. There's
an 0870 number on their website:

http://www.worxtools.co.uk/Faq.aspx

There's a brief thread about other Fein clones he

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...7046c2949 3ce

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at
29.95+VAT. 180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel
close to the real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

Pretty cheap if it's any good. You can't really tell from the picture
whether the accessories are compatible with Fein or Bosch.

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one which is
now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't be going there
very often!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:

Is that Rockworth or Rockwell?

Rockwell:
https://www.sonicrafter.com/index.asp

The Makro mail definitely says RockWORTH, and the picture doesn't look quite
like the Rockwell Sonicrafter.

ISTR that RockWELL is one of the brands used by Lidi, BICBW.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

mike wrote:

Is that Rockworth or Rockwell?

Rockwell:
https://www.sonicrafter.com/index.asp

The Makro mail definitely says RockWORTH, and the picture doesn't
look quite like the Rockwell Sonicrafter.

ISTR that RockWELL is one of the brands used by Lidi, BICBW.

Sorry, that should read Lidl.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at
29.95+VAT. 180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel
close to the real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

Pretty cheap if it's any good. You can't really tell from the picture
whether the accessories are compatible with Fein or Bosch.

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one
which is now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't
be going there very often!

Leicester Forest East at the end of the M69 any use?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clot wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one
which is now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't
be going there very often!

Leicester Forest East at the end of the M69 any use?

May be easier to get to - but it's a lot further from my home in Warwick
than the Birmingham branch. Their store locator says 30 miles - but that
will be "as the crow flies" and it will be more in reality. It's not a
direction in which I go on a frequent basis, and I'd have to want something
badly to make a special journey for it.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at
29.95+VAT. 180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel
close to the real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

Pretty cheap if it's any good. You can't really tell from the picture
whether the accessories are compatible with Fein or Bosch.

I expect its accessories would fit the fein. The fein ones with a star
centre would also probably fit it. The fein ones with a plain 10mm hole
may not. It appeared to be a similar fixing hole - but had a couple of
"pips" either side to help positively register the blade.

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one which is
now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't be going there
very often!

I always though Coventry was the wrong side of Birmingham ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clot wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at
29.95+VAT. 180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel
close to the real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

Pretty cheap if it's any good. You can't really tell from the picture
whether the accessories are compatible with Fein or Bosch.

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one
which is now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't
be going there very often!

Leicester Forest East at the end of the M69 any use?

I noticed that Machine Mart are punting their Clerk version. About £10 mo

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...EM-P-060514180

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

I noticed that Machine Mart are punting their Clerk version. About
£10 mo
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...EM-P-060514180

Yes, it's mentioned in their latest 'flyer' email, which I received today.

I don't think it actually *says* anywhere that it carries a Clarke badge.
--
Cheers,
Roger