Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement bathrooms -- upflush/Saniflo systems

I am putting a full bath in a basement level apartment. The basement has a
concrete floor, and center line of the horizontal 4-inch PVC sewer line that
runs out to the street is about 8 inches above the concrete floor.

One of the approaches I am thinking of using is something like the following
Saniflo upflush system:

http://www.saniflo.com/SANIPLUS.aspx .

The washer/dryer and the sink are no problem because the drains for those
two are above the existing horizontal sewer line, so those drains can be
connected directly to the sewer line. That leaves the full bathtub and the
toilet.

If I use the Saniflo system shown above, the drain from the tub will have to
tie into the bottom of the Saniflo device. I think that will mean that the
tub will have to be placed on a raised platform -- maybe 3 inches or so --
to enable the tub to have a trap and to drain into the bottom of the
Saniflo.

But, one question I have about this type of Saniflo is how can the drain go
directly into the side of the Saniflo tank at the bottom of the tank? Can
it pump out the water down to a depth inside the tank of just a 1/2 inch to
1 inch?

Also, would another option for the toilet be to get one that flushes out the
back (like the one shown in the link above) but have it flush directly into
the drain? That way, the pump system wouldn't have to grind and pump toilet
sewage. Meanwhile, the pump system could then just be used to pump the
water draining from the tub and not toilet sewage.

Any thoughts, suggestions or experiences regarding these options would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. I could break out the concrete basement floor fairly easily and put a
below-grade pumping system in if such a system exists, and if that would be
a better approach.

Saniflo Steve Firth UK diy 99 August 4th 09 08:23 PM
saniflo stork UK diy 7 March 27th 07 01:38 PM
Saniflo Autolycus UK diy 1 August 31st 06 11:08 PM
Saniflo... in2minds UK diy 15 January 4th 05 01:57 PM
Saniflo PoP UK diy 25 December 27th 03 09:50 AM