Posted to alt.home.repair

Default inground pool water damange

chris9294 wrote:
I have a 16 x 32 inground pool with a sand bottom and a vinyl liner.
The liner tore and I have lost about 8 thousand gallons of water.
The pool person that looked at the damange told me that all the water
that went out of the pool would not cause damange to the pipes that
lay in the sand bottom. I live in Oregon, we have had more then
enough rain this year and the pool is going on day 12 with the water
loss. What damange should I be worried about?

How close are you to the water table? If it's above the lowest point of the
pool, it will disturb whatever sand and dirt is underneath the liner, and
float the liner up (along with pushing said dirt and sand through the tear).

What is stopping you or the pool guy from expediting a repair?

Jon