Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. The sick gun culture. AKA Harry is our village idiot.

On Jan 13, 8:50*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/13/2011 2:41 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 12, 11:51 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/12/2011 1:35 PM, harry wrote:

On Jan 12, 3:41 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/12/2011 9:10 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 12, 9:47 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/12/2011 1:06 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 11, 6:53 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/11/2011 10:39 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, * * * * *wrote:
harry wrote:

All part of the American dream. A lala land personified by such tripe
as NCSI aand so forth. Aplace were the good guy always wins (with his
gun), there are no fat or ugly people, there are no poor peopl, no
slums, no unemployent and every thing is beautiful. All complete
********. *Dopey credulous people who don't know fact from fiction.
The American gov. wants young boys trained up for their foriegn wars,
waged to enrich the already rich.

Heh! The "poor" in the USA are mostly better off than the "middle class" in
the UK. Virtually all the underclass own a color TV (with no annual tax), a
car, a microwave, a cell phone, and so forth.

Hey you need to get on Google Earth. There's poverty in America to
rival anything in the third word. Try Tuskaloosa for a start. Plenty
of places in the rust belt too. *And I suspect they were afraid to go
into the really tough areas.

There are no tent cities in the UK. The gov, gives a house anyone
without .
If you have google earth I can send you some links.

Harry, The UK has a population of a bit less than 52 million and The USA
has a population of a bit less than 311 million. We have more poor
citizens as defined by some government agency than the UK has subjects.
Statistically we have more lunatics than you have. Your perverts may be
of superior quality but we have greater numbers. The State of Texas is
2.9 times the size of your whole country. I'm sorry my friend but our
countries just don't survive a side to side comparison. If you were
referring to the West Alabama city of Tuscaloosa, I know it well, I was
born there back in the middle of the last century. If you have a link to
some source of disparaging material on my birthplace, I'd like to see
it. Heck, I might recognize the people and places. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Duf, the only thing we have in common with Americans is language.
Don't you think it remarkable that a country so small has had such
influence?

Perverts BTW don't just appear. They are created. Mostly by Hollywood
**** these days.You and I might be able to sit down, watch it and be
able to distinguish factual material from fiction. However there is a
small minority out there that can't and seek to emulate this crap.. It
erodes the brain of the simple minded.

Most people are followers, not leaders. You have some very bad leaders
in America and I don't just mean political.

Of course we have some bad leaders and we have a mechanism to rid
ourselves of them with the one weapon they fear the most, an election.
It's unfortunate that the good leaders are often cut down like the
Representative Gabrielle Giffords who is a wonderful lady and the bad
leaders seem to endure because they know darn well someone may be
coming for them so they keep security around. Hell, Ted Kennedy had a
squad of security people surrounding him who carried machine guns. It
strikes me as funny that the anti-gun lawmakers have armed guards
protecting them. We should ask them to give up their armed guards to
show us how bad guns are. Set an example, give up armed guards. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Hah. You would be hard put *to have anybody worse the B-liar or Brown-
the-clown.
We have had a couple of assassination of politicians, Airey Neave and
Earl Mountbatten. Bombs not guns by the IRA, Financed from America.

Well, isn't it true that there are more Irish outside of Ireland than
living in Ireland? :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Exactly so. Most of them in America. America is full of people who are
more interested in the place the came from rather than America.

Well Harry, you and I are cousins. I found a paternal ancestor from
England and of course there are the Ulster Scots who immigrated so
long ago. Then the maternal ancestors from Naples, Italy which makes
me a cousin to every warm blooded creature on the planet. I have these
ancient ancestors The Cave Billies and The Cave Wops, I think there may
be a Cave Limey in there too. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Well my mother is from Scotland, also there are Irish names in my
background so we might be related.
I read somewhere that all humans alive are descended from about
three(black) woman. So we might be related to heybub.
But no, I think he's descended from Neanderthals. (Caveman Krauts)
Accounts for the fascist streak.

Harry, we're all family, I just can't stand most of my relatives and
the genetic record shows that all modern humans are descended from a
small population of approximately 600 breeding individuals from what
is now central Africa. Funny thing, us White folk are the mutants. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Still up then Duf?
I'm not surprised you can't stand your relatives if they're like some
of the people here. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2011 3:22 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

I've been up and down, trouble breathing, asthma like symptoms. Not bad
this night cycle because I picked up some medication from the pharmacy
to help open up my lungs. Everyone has been stranded due to an ice storm
here in The Southeast for the past several days so I couldn't go
anywhere. We have a hard freeze tonight, so when Mr. Bladder awakened
me, I decided to check the kitchen, other parts of the house and of
course to turn on the computer to see what temperature the weather
service is reporting. "18°F" Darn it's cold! :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. The sick gun culture.

On 1/13/2011 2:55 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:48 am, wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

Pyschiatric treatment is hogwash anyway.
Snake oil vendors.

Aha. Had some bad experiences along those lines, huh "Harry"?

Heh Heh.
I was a hospital engineer and I covered a nuthouse over here. We had
3000 nuts gathered from most of the North of England. So I have some
experience yes. It's closed now.
When they invented lithium pills the gov. thought they didn't need it.
We keep the nutters in jail now at vast expense. After they done
something instead of before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storthes_Hall

WOW! What a cool old building. I'll bet movie makers love it for a
creepy location to make spooky films. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 12, 9:36*pm, "
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 05:46:02 -0500, bpuharic wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:25:27 -0600, "
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:37:20 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

with 300M guns in this country, the distinction between legal and
illegal ownership is a fiction.

Now we all *know* you're stupid.

ah. so you think there's some way to track and control 300M guns

Good God, no! *Why would we even WANT to track guns. *There should be another
300M, at least. *I'm thinking about buying a Walther PPK/S for my wife, in
fact.

thanks for making *my point.

Your only point is sticking up between your shoulders.

the defense rests

The "defense" has some case!

obviously because 'leniency' is just another figment of the right's
imagination

Wrong. *As long as loony lefty judges, and politicians, keep turning them out,
they'll keep killing.

let me type this slowly so you can understand

You'd better learn to think, first.

the US has the highest incarceration rate in the entire world

Good! *More deserve to be there!

we have more prisoners than china. china has 5X our population

Tthe fact that China routinely executes people for crimes
that would get maybe 5 years here in the USA might have something
to do with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 6:52 am, "DGDevin" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

What load of cobblers. Proper training would involve someone trying
to kill you. As this clearly isn't possible, niether is training.

Harry, Harry, Harry. You've already established beyond any reasonable
doubt
that you are a bigot, an idiot, and a troll. There is no need to keep
working at it so hard, your reputation here couldn't be much lower, take a
rest.

If you have never had experience of being shot at, then any training
is worthless because you have never experienced the situation you
might find yourself in. Ergo the training is worthless.
Are you stupid?

===================

So, all police and military training is useless. Thanks for saying it AGAIN.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 11, 3:32*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
wrote in ...

Unfortunately, I think you are correct, at least in the general
case. * We
don't know all the specifics on what the indicators there were in this
particular
case. * But with the clear bias in favor or personal freedom, I don't
know who is supposed to be the enforcer if you will, or the canary in
the coal mine, as to who is to be locked up or monitored because
they might be a threat.

It doesn't have to come to them being locked up, it could be as simple as
schools being required to report students who are expelled or otherwise
sanctioned by a school on the basis of apparent serious mental health
problems, especially if threatening behavior is involved. *That report
should result in a hearing in front of a judge who orders the person's name
placed on the list of those not allowed to buy firearms, with the right of
appeal of course.

You don't even need it to go that far. In the current debate, the
one thing
I have not heard mentioned is what the specific licensing reqts to buy
handgun are in AZ. I believe all they check is whether you have a
criminal
record and that probably means you must have committed a felony to bar
you from being able to buy a handgun.

Here in NJ, you have to apply to the LOCAL POLICE DEPT for a permit
for each handgun you want to buy. Given that the police had already
had
numerous encounters with the nutjob, that alone should have prevented
him from buying a gun, at least legally. The police have records of
calls
made by addresss, name, etc that could have been easily checked.

Part of the application also requires you to list your employer/
occupation
and to give two character references. Perhaps he could have found 2
people that would say he was A OK, but more likely he wouldn't even
realize that many of those he interracted with knew he was nuts and
would have selected someone who would have rattend him out. You
also get fingerprinted and they are run through the FBI. The
whole process takes 6 months to a year before you finally get the
permit.
I think it should be speeded up, but have no problem with the reqts.

As everyone rushes to judgement, we have yet to learn exactly who
knew what and when. The biggest scum bag in this whole thing at
the momemnt is the local sheriff. He's running around shooting his
mouth off, invoking the name of Rush Limbaugh, etc, trying to blame
the whole thing on talk radio and political discussion when he should
be conducting a professional investigation. Could it be that's
because the investigation is going to show how many times the nut
came into contact with his officers and nothing was done? The most
definitive facts so far have pointed to exactly the opposite:

Friends say he was not political
Not a member of the Tea Party or any other political movement
Didn't vote in the last election
Friend says he asked Congresswoman Giffords a loony question
that made no sense at a gathering in 07. She didnt answer it and
he never got over it instead becoming obsessed by it.

*Even if that person isn't confined, or even treated, at
least they aren't armed. *If that had happened with the Virginia Tech
student who had scared enough people that a court ordered him to undergo
psychiatric treatment, then 33 people would still be alive. *Yeah, maybe he
could have bought an illegal gun, or used a knife and so on--what if, what
if. *But he wouldn't have been able to legally purchase two handguns, and
that might have been enough to save almost three dozen lives.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 3:55*am, harry wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:48*am, "DGDevin" wrote:

"harry" *wrote in message

Pyschiatric treatment is hogwash anyway.
Snake oil vendors.

Aha. *Had some bad experiences along those lines, huh "Harry"?

Heh Heh.
I was a hospital engineer and I covered a nuthouse over here. We had
3000 nuts gathered from most of the North of England. *So I have some
experience yes. It's closed now.

I bet I'm not the only one here who thinks the village idiot was
likely a lot
more involved than being a mere engineer. More likely he has
delusions
that he was an engineer while there.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:31*am, wrote:

I have not heard mentioned is what the specific licensing reqts to buy a
handgun are in AZ. * I believe all they check is whether you have a criminal
record and that probably means you must have committed a felony to bar
you from being able to buy a handgun.

Here in NJ, you have to apply to the *LOCAL POLICE DEPT for a permit
for each handgun you want to buy. * Given that the police had already had
numerous encounters with the nutjob, that alone should have prevented
him from buying a gun, at least legally. * *The police have records of calls
made by addresss, name, etc that could have been easily checked.

I'm not familiar with the standard procedure, so maybe you can help me
understand the process of applying. When someone applies for a gun do
they get interviewed face to face or can people just mail in a form
and a check and wait to see if they get the permit? How much does
that vary from state to state?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 8:31 am, wrote:

[...]

==========

It varies a lot, apparently. Here in New York (but NOT in the 5 boroughs of
NY city), the pistol permit application requires 3 references who've known
you for X amount of time (I don't recall what X is at the moment),
fingerprinting, a passport-type photo, and then a 3-6 month wait. The
references cannot be cops or family members. In my county, the permit
arrived with a letter signed by a local judge.

To buy a handgun, you have to pay for it and bring the receipt to the county
clerk's office, where they use a special device known as a typewriter to
enter the brand, model and serial number of the gun on the permit. Then, you
if you happen to find the gun you want at some distance from downtown, where
the clerk's office is located. You have to get the typing done in the county
in which you live, apparently.

Handguns must be carried concealed, which is a good idea anyway, unless you
think there's nobody on earth who could take your gun away from you. But in
places like the Adirondacks (mountainous fishing/camping wilderness fun
zone), it's common to see people in the woods with exposed handguns,
especially in summer. Whether a ranger or game warden gets annoyed with this
depends on your attitude.

In NY city and (I think) the 2 counties on Long Island, the permit process
is trickier.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 9:27*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 13, 8:31*am, wrote:

[...]

The process varies widely from state to state, and can even vary from
city to city.
An example being the laws and process in NYC differ from those in
upstate NY.

Federally, gun dealers are required to do an instant background check
with the
FBI. That check is supposed to show if the person has a felony
record, has
been convicted of a misdemeanor that involves violence, has been
committed
to a mental hospital, judged mental by a court, etc. It's partially
effective. The
biggest problem is that most states, because of various privacy laws
and systems,
don't feed the mental part of that into the FBI system.

I don't know the specifics of what AZ required, but from what has been
described
in the media, it appears the nutjob went into a sporting gun store and
bought the
gun there. They were required to run the FBI check, and presumably
did. From
what we know, there would have been nothing coming back to indicate
that the
nutjob was barred from buying the gun, ie no felonies, no domestic
violence
convictions, no committiment to a mental hospital, etc. I don't
believe AZ requires
anything more, but I could be wrong.

Beyond that, the process varies enormously from state to state. I
outlined the
basic process in NJ for a handgun. You have to submit an application
to the
local police and get fingerprinted by them, so yes, a presence in
person is
required. But there is no interview process involved.

The application asks a couple of mental health questions, I don't
recall the exact
wording, but it includes a couple basic thingls like whether you have
been
committed to a mental institution, diagnosed with a mental illness,
etc.
From a practical standpoint, pretty worthless because anyone hell bent
on
destruction is just going to lie. And again, because medical records
are
private, a person could be have been diagnosed as psyhchotic by a Dr
and the police have no way of knowing. If one were committed by a
court,
then that SHOULD be in the system, but it's not 100%.

It asks if you've been convicted of crimes, etc.

You also have to give two references, who the police call and ask some
basic questions, ie how long you've known the person, what there
character is, if there is any reason they should not be in possession
of
a gun, etc. Once issued, the permit allows you to buy a handgun
anytime
during a period of I think one year, definitely not longer.

Actually, I just decided to pull it up to refresh my memory. Here it
is:

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf...ms/sts-033.pdf

They run the fingerprints through the FBI. The whole process can take
6 months to a year. Some states also have mandatory waiting periods
from the time you apply until you can purchase the gun.

All the above is for a HANDGUN. In NJ to buy a rifle, shotgun or ammo
all you
need is a federal firearms ID card. I've had one for 35+ years.
Which
shows another problem. Once granted there is no follow up.

Also, a big difference, state to state, is who must go through any of
these
processes. Even the federal background check only applies to GUN
DEALERS, not to private sales from one party to another. The process
here in NJ, applies to ALL gun transfers from one party to another.
In some
states, the sale from one private party to another is not regulated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, * * * * * *wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

We had near zero fah here a couple of weeks back. Lowest ever
recorded. It's up near sixty now. Weather's gone mad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 1:48 am, *wrote:
"harry" *wrote in message

Pyschiatric treatment is hogwash anyway.
Snake oil vendors.

Aha. *Had some bad experiences along those lines, huh "Harry"?

Heh Heh.
I was a hospital engineer and I covered a nuthouse over here. We had
3000 nuts gathered from most of the North of England. *So I have some
experience yes. It's closed now.
When they invented lithium pills the gov. thought they didn't need it.
We keep the nutters in jail now at vast expense. After they done
something instead of before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storthes_Hall

WOW! What a cool old building. I'll bet movie makers love it for a
creepy location to make spooky films. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Duf. They're ten a penny in the UK. It's probably slated for
demolition. 90% of it has already gone.
I worked in that area about thirty years ago. It had large coal fired
Lancashire steam boilers at that time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancash...cashire_boiler
Have you got Google Earth? I'll email you some really in teresting
buildings
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

What load of cobblers. Proper training would involve someone trying
to kill you. As this clearly isn't possible, niether is training.

Harry, Harry, Harry. You've already established beyond any reasonable
doubt
that you are a bigot, an idiot, and a troll. There is no need to keep
working at it so hard, your reputation here couldn't be much lower, take a
rest.

If you have never had experience of being shot at, then any training
is worthless because you have never experienced the situation you
might find yourself in. *Ergo the training is worthless.
Are you stupid?

===================

So, all police and military training is useless. Thanks for saying it AGAIN.

Correct. Only when under enemy fire do they get experience. Which
never happens to the gun nuts here who see themselves in the heroic
(Hollywood) model.
The Holywood model is designed to hide the real facts, not to present
real information. Your gov. wants American boys to go to war in a
gung ho mind set.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2011 9:59 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

It's that darned Global Warming! :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, * * * * * * *wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Jeeze Duf, what's the time there? Isn't it past bedtime? It's 1700
here, must be 1100 there!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:27:56 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

I'm not familiar with the standard procedure, so maybe you can help me
understand the process of applying. When someone applies for a gun do
they get interviewed face to face or can people just mail in a form
and a check and wait to see if they get the permit? How much does
that vary from state to state?

http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/2011 10:59 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 11, 2:47 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Heck, being snowed, iced in and recovering from respiratory problems,
bedtime is whenever I can lie down and breath. I've only been able to
sleep a few hours at a time so I go to bed whenever I start running
down like right now. My eyelids are getting heavy and micro-sleeps
are becoming a problem. I'll suddenly be jerked awake and I'll have
a whole page of commas. I feel like a small child fighting to stay
awake but losing out to the arms of Morpheus. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow, that's miserable. With the sundown about
5 PM, it throws my sleep schedule all to confusion.
And I'm not suffering respritory problems.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Heck, being snowed, iced in and recovering from
respiratory problems, bedtime is whenever I can lie
down and breath. I've only been able to sleep a few
hours at a time so I go to bed whenever I start running
down like right now. My eyelids are getting heavy
and micro-sleeps are becoming a problem. I'll
suddenly be jerked awake and I'll have a whole page
of commas. I feel like a small child fighting to stay
awake but losing out to the arms of Morpheus. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 8:31*am, wrote:

[...]

That was my main question. Basically it sounds like they have the
applicant show up to get fingerprinted, ask questions that don't
uncover much, have the applicant provide references (anyone ever
provide a bad reference?), and then make the applicant wait a long
time (presumably to give someone who needs a gun _now_ a chance to
cool off).

The interview is the most important thing. It's what the Israeli do
for airport security. They don't rely on machines, they have highly
trained people interview everybody and ask a few questions and watch
the reactions. Have you ever seen that show Lie To Me? They're like
the guy played by Tim Roth (great actor, kinda sucks in that show),
and they read microexpressions to see if someone is lying and/or
having other emotions that are out of place. Check out Facial Action
Coding, and Darwin's The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals
for further reading on the matter. Amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bpuharic" wrote in message

HAHAHAH anybody think russia's developed?

It was one of the world's two superpowers for several decades, were you
away
for those years, maybe in a hospital...?

?? since when does having nuclear weapons qualify one as a develped
country? is n. korea developed in your view?

Britain, France, China, India, Israel--all had nukes for decades while not
being superpowers. The USSR was a superpower because of its overall
strength, its industrial capacity and the size of its armed forces and its
dominance of a great deal of the earth's surface and the client states which
took their cues from Moscow. To suggest that one of the two greatest powers
on earth for decades doesn't qualify as a developed nation is absurd. Where
do you suppose all those warships and aircraft and tanks and missiles came
from, did they grow on trees?

you really ARE not too bright..

Ironic, considering you can't even work the caps key on your keyboard or
manage standard punctuation, nor construct an argument that doesn't sound
like it was written by someone in 7th grade..

And the rest is more of the same--shallow, ill-informed, illogical,
childish. Sorry sparky, your fifteen minutes are up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:28:36 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jan 12, 9:37*pm, "
wrote:

No. *I saw a study a little while back of the NYS penal system. *There was
*ONE* person incarcerated for drug offenses alone.

Why do you make up this stuff?

I can't help it if you can't understand simple English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarce..._United_States
"Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the
incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003.

Depends on your definition of "violent crime".

Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over
those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public
policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time
served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes"
laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release.

Nothing yet contradicts what I reported.

These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious
and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement
for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to
state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. Only 49 percent of
sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the
single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has
been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug
offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of
those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges."

Not yet...

Are you quite sure that the NYS they were referring to in that
imaginary study you mentioned wasn't the Namibian Youth Soccer penal
system? That's about the only way that your BS comment could be
possible.

Still no evidence of a brain found.

Take off the blinders, please - for your own good.

Learn to read. Then learn to think. You really have your work cut out for
you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:31*am, wrote:

[...]

There is no permit needed to *buy* a gun here. There is a permit needed to
*carry* a gun (it must be concealed in AL). When I lived in VT there was no
permit needed, or even available, to carry a gun in any fashion I wanted
(concealed, open, in the passenger's seat, or the glove-box). The downside
was that there was no reciprocity between other states (no permit), though
they could carry in VT with their permit.

To buy a gun, just show up at the store, answer 20 questions on a form and
wait 10 minutes (on the outside). Pay the money and leave. Last gun I
bought, here, I didn't buy any ammo with it because I didn't have a carry
permit yet. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:47:17 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Jan 13, 1:18*am, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 06:41:29 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Jan 12, 4:38 am, bpuharic wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:55:10 -0600, "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rm-related_dea...

really?

where's your evidence?

oh. you gone none

Iraq was developed until you lot got there.

they also had no gun control

They certainly did. You don't suppose Saddam allowed guns?

actually he did. only when the americans came did they implement gun
control limiting each household to 1 autojmatic weapon

And it was a very nice place. I went on holiday there once.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:02:43 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
.. .

HAHAHAH anybody think russia's developed?

It was one of the world's two superpowers for several decades, were you
away
for those years, maybe in a hospital...?

?? since when does having nuclear weapons qualify one as a develped
country? is n. korea developed in your view?

Britain, France, China, India, Israel--all had nukes for decades while not
being superpowers. The USSR was a superpower because of its overall
strength, its industrial capacity

i=

it wasnt a develped country. as kissinger said, most countries have
armies. the USSR was an army with a country. its armed forces consumed
about 20% of GDP.

that's not a develped country

and the size of its armed forces and its
dominance of a great deal of the earth's surface and the client states which
took their cues from Moscow. To suggest that one of the two greatest powers
on earth for decades doesn't qualify as a developed nation is absurd.

wrong. they were simply willing to starve their people to feed their
army. which is why alexander kozyrev, their former foreign minister,
once wrote an article in 'foreign affairs quarterly' saying they
couldnt keep up with our defense spending BECAUSE they were NOT a
developed country

oh. you dont read stuff like that

Where
do you suppose all those warships and aircraft and tanks and missiles came
from, did they grow on trees?

they came from starving their people.

you really ARE not too bright..

Ironic, considering you can't even work the caps key on your keyboard or
manage standard punctuation, nor construct an argument that doesn't sound
like it was written by someone in 7th grade..

irrelevant. you cant read and you bitch about grammar? you DO know
that's the LOWEST form of comment on newsgroups, right?

And the rest is more of the same--shallow, ill-informed, illogical,

childish. Sorry sparky, your fifteen minutes are up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 01:02:15 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Jan 13, 2:58*am, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:53:44 -0800, "DGDevin"

so you cant prove brazil is a developed country. and therefore you say
it is, so it is.

uh...what's the per capita income of brazil?

oh....- Hide quoted text -

Have you been there? If not why not keep quiet?

gee they've done what the US hasnt...reduced poverty. they're a 3rd
world country BECOMING a 1st world

and we, courtesy of the right, are a 1st world country becoming a 3rd

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bpuharic" wrote in message

irrelevant. you cant read and you bitch about grammar? you DO know
that's the LOWEST form of comment on newsgroups, right?

Since illiterates deserve to be exterminated, you should take it as the
ultimate compliment that he chose to respond to you at all. You and other
illiterates are an anchor around the neck of society at large.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 1:02*am, "DGDevin" wrote:
"bpuharic" *wrote in message

[...]

It's to do with attitude. You spent your money on stupid, mostly
failed, military adventures. We spent(d) most of out money on health
care.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. Arent you sick gun culture chit chat?

THE LIVES AND SPACE YOU VIOLATE TODAY, WILL OCCUPY YOUR LIFE TOMORROW.

PATECUM

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not attorney, but I think that's called "prior
restraint". In common language, it means that you need the
government's permission before you can bring your gun home.
I think that's a big shift from the founding fathers intent.
Where it was assumed that you don't need permission from the
government to live your life.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

To buy a gun, just show up at the store, answer 20 questions
on a form and
wait 10 minutes (on the outside). Pay the money and leave.
Last gun I
bought, here, I didn't buy any ammo with it because I didn't
have a carry
permit yet. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

I thought in Arizona they kept offenders in tents in the desert? The
unemployed also live in tents.

Living in tents is good enough for our Fighting Warriors. I see no
reason not to have prisoners living in tents, as long as we have
barbed wire fence around them to keep the wild animals out.

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in 110-degree
weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most prisoners their choice:
Tents or cell blocks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

So, just out of morbid curiosity, in such a situation, who collects
the guns, and when the final decree is issued, do they get them back?

It's up to the owner to dispose of his weapons. Usually, I think, he would
entrust them to a family member (on his side of course) or pawn them and
redeem them later. And yes, he can possess guns after the TRO is dissolved.

It has been my experience that any items confiscated by a PD fall
into a black hole. Even if under law, you have the right to get them
back, it never happens, at least not without involving a lawyer that
costs more than the item.

It's up to the judge. A common technique is for the attorney to tell the
judge that the gun is part of his fee and the friendly judge orders the gun
to be turned over to the attorney, who, in turn, returns it to the client.

It has also been my experience that the Really Nice stuff never makes
it to the annual property auction. Always wondered where it ended up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 2:20*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Oren wrote:

I *thought in Arizona they kept offenders in tents in the desert? The
unemployed also live in tents.

Living in tents is good enough for our Fighting Warriors. I see no
reason not to have prisoners living in tents, as long as we have
barbed wire fence around them to keep the wild animals out.

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in 110-degree
weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most prisoners their choice:
Tents or cell blocks.

HehHeh. I see he has a guesthouse "Vacancies" sign up. Is the pink
underwear optional also?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:20:41 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

I thought in Arizona they kept offenders in tents in the desert? The
unemployed also live in tents.

Living in tents is good enough for our Fighting Warriors. I see no
reason not to have prisoners living in tents, as long as we have
barbed wire fence around them to keep the wild animals out.

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in 110-degree
weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most prisoners their choice:
Tents or cell blocks.

Sheriff Joe gives them pink underwear (prevents theft). Someone ask
the Cochise County Sheriff why he didn't he didn't issue pink
underwear to his prisoners.

His reply: "Why should I give them underwear?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Jan 14, 2:20 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Oren wrote:

I thought in Arizona they kept offenders in tents in the desert?
The unemployed also live in tents.

Living in tents is good enough for our Fighting Warriors. I see no
reason not to have prisoners living in tents, as long as we have
barbed wire fence around them to keep the wild animals out.

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in
110-degree weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most
prisoners their choice: Tents or cell blocks.

HehHeh. I see he has a guesthouse "Vacancies" sign up. Is the pink
underwear optional also?

No, the pink underwear is mandatory. Female prisoners get to wear leather.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Apostrophes [was O.T. The sick gun culture.]

David Nebenzahl wrote:

You apparently have misread or misunderstood that article (which
cannot even be assumed to be correct, being from Wikipedia, the
"encyclopedia" any pimple-faced junior-high-school kid can edit);
"your's" and "their's" are clearly *wrong* and therefore
greengrocer's apostrophes, no matter which side of the pond you're on.

Not to worry. There's the law of Conservation of Apostrophes which states
that "For every instance of an apostrophe's correct use, somewhere in the
world an apostrophe is being used wrongly."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:57:22 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

harry wrote:
On Jan 14, 2:20 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Oren wrote:

I thought in Arizona they kept offenders in tents in the desert?
The unemployed also live in tents.

Living in tents is good enough for our Fighting Warriors. I see no
reason not to have prisoners living in tents, as long as we have
barbed wire fence around them to keep the wild animals out.

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in
110-degree weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most
prisoners their choice: Tents or cell blocks.

HehHeh. I see he has a guesthouse "Vacancies" sign up. Is the pink
underwear optional also?

No, the pink underwear is mandatory. Female prisoners get to wear leather.

Equal Opportunity Incarcerator

The females also get chains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzlPOmaWeU
Posted to alt.home.repair

Y's, I'm s're that's seriou'ly profo'nd. There're so man'
misus's of the apostropes' abuses.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
David Nebenzahl wrote:

You apparently have misread or misunderstood that article
(which
cannot even be assumed to be correct, being from
Wikipedia, the
"encyclopedia" any pimple-faced junior-high-school kid can
edit);
"your's" and "their's" are clearly *wrong* and therefore
greengrocer's apostrophes, no matter which side of the
pond you're on.

Not to worry. There's the law of Conservation of Apostrophes
which states
that "For every instance of an apostrophe's correct use,
somewhere in the
world an apostrophe is being used wrongly."

Posted to alt.home.repair

A couple generations ago, you didn't need government
permission to carry a gun. Openly, or concealed. Men and
women did what they wanted. A few were criminals, but much
fewer than today. I'd like to go back to that era. I'm sure
I never will.

You told me I'm wrong abut prior restraint. And then you
told me two examples of prior restraint, as practiced in
your area. I think you missed the point of what I wrote.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:05:27 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm not attorney, but I think that's called "prior
restraint". In common language, it means that you need the
government's permission before you can bring your gun home.
\

Wrong. It means I can't carry concealed until I get a
permit. Unloaded, in
the trunk, is not "carrying".

I think that's a big shift from the founding fathers
intent.
Where it was assumed that you don't need permission from
the
government to live your life.

No, but unfortunately you do need their permission (which
they must grant, for
a fee of $20) to carry concealed.