Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pink blown in wall insulation

On 1/9/2011 9:24 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I have a friend that took my advise and blew in wall insulation. He
didn't take my advice to use cellulose though. Or to have me help.

I haven't seen this yet, but he cut 3" holes and used "pink" insulation.
I'm thinking that must be fiberglass. To do his house walls he used 4
bags out of the 20 he bought. That seems to be the definition of loose
fill, very loose. It's hard for me to tell though:

http://www.bravenewmedia.net/idi/pdf...te/58452-B.pdf

That seems to indicate higher coverage than what cellulose would have done.

If he screwed up. How to fix? My thoughts are running to switching to
cellulose. What would have been the proper way to blow in fiberglass? I
can't seem to Google complete instructions for this.

Jeff

Yes, the proper way to drill and fill with any product is to call the
man who does it for a living. Drill and fill is not a dyi project.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2011 6:05 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
[...]

I had little trouble with the cellulose dense pack. It's not rocket
science. YMMV.

Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 11:43*pm, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 1/9/2011 6:05 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

On 1/9/2011 9:24 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I have a friend that took my advise and blew in wall insulation. He
didn't take my advice to use cellulose though. Or to have me help.

I haven't seen this yet, but he cut 3" holes and used "pink" insulation.

Cavity wall blown insulation problem?.. tony sayer UK diy 9 March 22nd 10 10:46 AM
Blown-In Wall Insulation with Existing Fiberglass Buck Turgidson Home Repair 2 February 14th 07 12:45 AM
Blown Insulation u4ick Home Repair 3 June 22nd 05 03:56 AM
Blown in Insulation GAC Home Repair 14 January 13th 04 06:53 PM