Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP - Washing Machine destroyed my house

I tossed some laundry in the wash machine about an hour ago and it was
running normally. When it went into the spin cycle, the machine began
bouncing around and banging against the wall and floor. I turned it
off and tried to straighten out the load inside. I was just washing
clothing. Normally it only bangs when I wash large things like a
quilt or heavy winter coat, and it's never bounced or crashed against
the wall like it was doing today.

I just turned it back on, and I'm shocked. It started spinning again,
then began to bounce and bang around like it did earlier. Suddenly it
just lifted right off the floor, and began hitting the ceiling and the
walls, and then it smashed thru the wall and went into the bathroom,
and seconds later I heard a huge crash and saw a gigantic hole in my
bathroom ceiling. There's plaster and insulation all over the floor,
I can see the attic and a huge hole in the roof. At the same time I
had to deal with water shooting all over the laundry room because the
hoses ripped off the wash machine and were flipping around shooting
water everywhere. I almost got electricuted too because the oultet
that the machine was plugged into was ripped out of the wall leaving
exposed wires and they were laying in that water.

I have a section of roof that's partly dropped due to broken rafters
and I fear it may collapse. I just went outside and see a gaping hole
in the roof, but what has me most puzzled is that my wash machine is
no where to be found. It just vanished with my clothing and
everything. It does appear that it went across my neighbor's yard
because there are branches torn off the top of his tree, and in the
direction of where the machine would have exited my roof.

I just turned on the news in case it landed somewhere and gets
reported. I dont know what caused this or what to do about it. I
guess I need to reinforce those rafters and tarp the roof. Right now
I've got the kids mopping up all the water. I had to cap those wires
first, and kill that circuit. I've probably got thousands of dollars
worth of damage and I dont know how to even explain this to my
insurance company. What do I tell them, my wash machine flew away?
That's what it did....

How could this happen?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2011 3:20 AM, wrote:
[...]

Your washing machine was actually a Transformer. It had a spark of life
which turned it into a sentient machine that simply wanted its freedom.
It will come back to you if it so desires but you will have to treat it
nice. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 3:20*am, wrote:
[...]

It didnt happen, you need your meds
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 03:20:47 -0600, wrote
Re HELP - Washing Machine destroyed my house:

How could this happen?

Unbalanced load.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in
:

[...]

All lack of maintenance.

Had you WD-40'd it recently? Was it properly secured with duct tape?

I thought not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2011 3:20 AM, wrote:
[...]

You used the wrong length straw when you snorted the coke.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

FUN
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE