Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thank you

You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from
this happy camper. And it wasn't me or my slrn or gnus clients or my
old hardware or my linux OS. It really was them! So, I finally
dumped the losers (IMO) and signed up with news.individual.net.
Glorioski! Whatta brilliant improvement. I forgot how good a news
provider could be. Amazingly fast, astonishingly responsive support,
full featured, excellent price. Thanks to all who recommended them.
It's a crying shame I waited so long.

*****
http://www.individual.net/

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, notbob wrote:
You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from

DOH!!!

Wrong newsgroup. OTOH, you could do worse than the provider, below.

http://www.individual.net/

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3 Jan 2011 15:13:30 GMT, notbob wrote:

You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from
this happy camper. And it wasn't me or my slrn or gnus clients or my
old hardware or my linux OS. It really was them! So, I finally
dumped the losers (IMO) and signed up with news.individual.net.
Glorioski! Whatta brilliant improvement. I forgot how good a news
provider could be. Amazingly fast, astonishingly responsive support,
full featured, excellent price. Thanks to all who recommended them.
It's a crying shame I waited so long.

*****
http://www.individual.net/

I've been using Individual for at least five years (it was free) and have been
very happy with it. You're right, the customer service is spectacular. No
binaries, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2011 10:13 AM, notbob wrote:
You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from
this happy camper. And it wasn't me or my slrn or gnus clients or my
old hardware or my linux OS. It really was them! So, I finally
dumped the losers (IMO) and signed up with news.individual.net.
Glorioski! Whatta brilliant improvement. I forgot how good a news
provider could be. Amazingly fast, astonishingly responsive support,
full featured, excellent price. Thanks to all who recommended them.
It's a crying shame I waited so long.

*****
http://www.individual.net/

nb

glad to hear it. I've also had good luck with newsguy; I have a free
account with teranews as well but I gave up on them when they were
having issues a couple years ago but they're still around, so I assume
they must have got their stuff together.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:
Wrong newsgroup. OTOH, you could do worse than the provider, below.
http://www.individual.net/

Used to use them, had problems with their third-party European bill
processing company.

Now I use AOIE, primarily, or EternalSeptember for when they are down.

Had teranews, paid for the initiation, but when I lost the password, I got
to find out that they have no customer service, so they aren't used.

Been happy with AOIE and ES, though, and they're free.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, Jon Danniken wrote:

Been happy with AOIE....

You're kidding! The general consensus I've seen ...and I used them
for about a week before I bailed.... is they're one, if not THE, worst
provider around. Go figure.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2011 10:30 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

Albasani here. I can't say that it is better than Individual or
Teranews, but it it is better than the service I got from AT&T,
Earthlink or Mindspring before they killed their usenet service. Good
retention and no speed problems.

Jeff

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, notbob wrote:
You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from

DOH!!!

Wrong newsgroup. OTOH, you could do worse than the provider, below.

http://www.individual.net/

nb

You pay to read this ****?

Now THAT'S funny.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 08:10:07 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

notbob wrote:
Wrong newsgroup. OTOH, you could do worse than the provider, below.
http://www.individual.net/

Used to use them, had problems with their third-party European bill
processing company.

Hah! Me too. I was with n.i.n for a long time until their (European)
payment people screwed me around enough that I gave up and left (from
what n.i.n told me, I was far from the first to have problems, either).
Their news service was excellent, but trying to give them money was
difficult :-)

Now I use AOIE, primarily, or EternalSeptember for when they are down.

I went to e-s (or motzarella as it was then) and have been with them for
a year or two. So far, no complaints - I see a bit more junk than on
n.i.n, and there have been a couple of times where the service has been
down for an hour or two, but considering that it's free I'm quite
impressed.

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, Steve B wrote:

You pay to read this ****?

That's how you define your postings? Wow! ...what a coincidence. Me
too.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, Steve B wrote:

You pay to read this ****?

That's how you define your postings? Wow! ...what a coincidence. Me
too.

nb

GMTA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3 Jan 2011 17:05:02 GMT, notbob wrote Re
Thank you:

On 2011-01-03, Steve B wrote:

You pay to read this ****?

That's how you define your postings? Wow! ...what a coincidence. Me
too.

nb

Good one NB!!! Spot on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, Steve B wrote:

You pay to read this ****?

That's how you define your postings? Wow! ...what a coincidence. Me
too.

nb

Good one NB!!! Spot on.

GMTA, thanks for chiming in.

Steve .........

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 14:54:41 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote Re Thank you:

GMTA, thanks for chiming in.

Steve .........

YW
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-01-03, wrote:
You'll find no more bitching and kevetching about usenet-news, from

DOH!!!

Wrong newsgroup. OTOH, you could do worse than the provider, below.

http://www.individual.net/

nb

You pay to read this ****?

Now THAT'S funny.

Steve

I do because the free ones I tried couldn't handle moderated groups,
which I sometimes visit. It's about $10/year, that I can handle.