Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Novus polish coverage?

I'm planning to polish about 12 sq ft of polycarbonate (based on
advice in a past thread here), using the Novus polishes and possibly
very fine sandpaper. Seems obvious that the 2 oz size is too small.
But will I need more than 8 oz of each grade?

Edward
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2010 10:47 PM, Edward Reid wrote:
I'm planning to polish about 12 sq ft of polycarbonate (based on
advice in a past thread here), using the Novus polishes and possibly
very fine sandpaper. Seems obvious that the 2 oz size is too small.
But will I need more than 8 oz of each grade?

Edward

Interesting stuff. Don't know what it costs but you could use
substitutes to supplement. The number one grade just uses isopropanol
and you could make your own at this concentration. For number 2, a
cheap toothpaste may do the job - I used to shine up my watch crystal
with toothpaste. Number three is most aggressive with alumina but fine
sandpaper would work at this stage. What you want to avoid are high
concentrations of solvents like acetone or MEK which can harm the
polycarbonate.

tiling adhesive: coverage pete UK diy 4 September 15th 08 11:52 PM
coverage of play sand? John Stumbles UK diy 4 May 9th 08 03:07 PM
Sprinkler Coverage [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 7th 06 08:15 PM
deck stain coverage Ether Jones Home Repair 1 May 24th 06 09:47 PM
Following on from the "WIFI Extended coverage"....... GymRatZ UK diy 18 February 15th 05 09:07 PM