Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting concrete slab

Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID
three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk
on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? What paint would you
recommend? How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 10:24*pm, gcotterl wrote:
Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID
three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk
on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? *What paint would you
recommend? *How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?

Go to Home Depot and ask them what they use on their floor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"gcotterl" wrote in message
Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID
three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk
on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? What paint would you
recommend? How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?

It won't smooth concrete, but it will make it feel smoother as it fills in
low spots and coats everything. There are paints made for concrete that re
durable and will probably do what you want. It may be easier to buy a pair
of flip-flops though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gcotterl wrote:

Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID
three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk
on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? What paint would you
recommend? How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?

Indoors or outdoors? What kind of stains? If it's indoors, a two epoxy will give
a permanent smooth surface that will not take any stains. If it's outdoors, you
could consider a pool deck coating or river rock like surface.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 7:58*am, Robert Neville wrote:
gcotterl wrote:
Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID
three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk
on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? *What paint would you
recommend? *How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?

Indoors or outdoors? What kind of stains? If it's indoors, a two epoxy will give
a permanent smooth surface that will not take any stains. If it's outdoors, you
could consider a pool deck coating or river rock like surface.

The concrete slab is an outdoor patio.

In the 1980s, indoor-outdoor carpeting (not artificial turf) was glued
onto the slab; in the 1990s, it was removed. The muriatic acid was
used to remove the remaining adhesive; drips of latex and oil-based
paint; rust stains; dirt; and grime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"gcotterl" wrote

The concrete slab is an outdoor patio.

In the 1980s, indoor-outdoor carpeting (not artificial turf) was glued
onto the slab; in the 1990s, it was removed. The muriatic acid was
used to remove the remaining adhesive; drips of latex and oil-based
paint; rust stains; dirt; and grime.

Keep in mind, not matter what kind of paint or coating you use, it will
require maintenance down the road.