Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta OT - Skunk attack

"[OKLAHOMA] Recently a skunk sprayed thousands of toys collected for McClain
County's "Operation Christmas". "

http://www.kristv.com/news/skunk-funk-on-donated-toys/

1. This is odd inasmuch as skunks don't [usually] spray inanimate objects.
In my view, there's a small chance this is human-caused mischief.
2. There is a device, Skunk-A-Nator, that can remedy the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:12:31 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[OKLAHOMA] Recently a skunk sprayed thousands of toys collected for McClain
County's "Operation Christmas". "

http://www.kristv.com/news/skunk-funk-on-donated-toys/

1. This is odd inasmuch as skunks don't [usually] spray inanimate objects.
In my view, there's a small chance this is human-caused mischief.
2. There is a device, Skunk-A-Nator, that can remedy the problem.

Maybe the skunks were fighting or got spooked.
I get skunk dens under my poured concrete porches once in a while.
Must be a good hollow under them.
We've tried filling with various stuff but they manage to get back in
there after a year or so.
About a week ago my basement smelled real strong skunk.
Can't figure how that smell got in.
Poured concrete basement walls with no cracks and good sealed windows.
Man, that skunk scent is potent.
One time I took my dogs out early in the morning.
Still dark, no wind.
I was standing on the sidewalk and suddenly smelled something.
Reminded me of Whiting, Indiana when all the refineries and chemical
plants were throwing out smells.
Went and got my wife to come out - thought some disaster had happened.
She was worried about it too.
We got the dogs in the house and our eyes started watering.
All three had got skunked by the critter under a pine tree.
That smell wasn't gone from the dogs and house for a couple weeks, no
matter what we tried.

--Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Vic Smith wrote:

That (skunk) smell wasn't gone from the dogs and house for a couple weeks, no
matter what we tried.

--Vic

didja try baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and a dash of dish soap?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Heck, just kick the dogs outside and the stink will follow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:10:49 -0800, Oren wrote:

Heck, just kick the dogs outside and the stink will follow.

House dogs, no place outside without the city coming after me.
They all went in the tub and cleaned up pretty good, but the stink had
already gone everywhere in the house.
It went away, just took some time.

--Vic

How to get rid of a skunk Zephyr Home Repair 6 October 2nd 08 06:13 PM
sorta OT - Back Attack [email protected] Metalworking 34 August 23rd 08 10:53 AM
Skunk problems RepairNovice[_2_] Home Repair 21 July 11th 08 12:04 AM
Skunk story HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 2 June 22nd 08 05:30 PM
Putting in a Window (sorta OT, but only sorta) FunkySpaceCowboy Woodworking 0 November 15th 05 03:58 PM