Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stove fan

Anyone have any experience with a wood
stove fan to distribute the heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2010 8:25 PM, Andy Petro wrote:
Anyone have any experience with a wood
stove fan to distribute the heat.

yes.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy Petro" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with a wood stove fan to distribute the heat.

Yes, they help. You need a fan to move it out of the room with the stove to
the rest of the house though. I used to hang a 10" box fan in the doorway
aimed to the stairwell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy Petro" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with a wood stove fan to distribute the heat.

Any fan that moves the air will help.

When we were into burning wood full time I added a return air duct to near
the ceiling in the room that contained the insert. When the room got toasty
I simply switched the furnace fan from auto to on to move some of that air
around the rest of the house. It wasn't 100% effective but it did help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Andy Petro" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with a wood stove fan to distribute the heat.

Any fan that moves the air will help.

When we were into burning wood full time I added a return air duct to near
the ceiling in the room that contained the insert. When the room got toasty
I simply switched the furnace fan from auto to on to move some of that air
around the rest of the house. It wasn't 100% effective but it did help.

-----------

I grew up in a house with a wood furnance and the house had ceiling air
returns and it helped a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Andy Petro typed:
Anyone have any experience with a wood
stove fan to distribute the heat.

I do: what's your question?

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Dec 8, 2:38*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
Andy Petro typed:

Anyone *have any experience with a wood
stove fan to distribute the heat.

I do: what's your question?

You gotta have circulation. In our two story the warm air is drawn up
through 2 registers with computer fans in them and a cold air return
away from the stove. It's the cats ass.

Insurance-Wood Stove vs Pellet Stove littlefilly2 Home Ownership 1 May 6th 08 01:56 AM
stove fit VisionSet UK diy 0 April 19th 07 08:08 PM
GE stove stevie Home Repair 1 September 25th 05 07:50 PM
Installing pellet stove into existing prefab wood stove chimney northcountry Home Repair 2 May 16th 05 03:53 PM
Over Stove Microware? Distance Above Stove? Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 8 March 28th 05 08:19 PM