Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switch locks

Follow up on a question posted a few weeks ago about locks for light
switches to prevent inadvertent flipping.

Here's a link to an Amazon page featuring several models:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-49...=pd_rhf_shvl_2

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Follow up on a question posted a few weeks ago about locks for light
switches to prevent inadvertent flipping.

Here's a link to an Amazon page featuring several models:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-49...925P6W/ref=pd_
rhf_shvl_2

I invented the Nat'l Mfg. 280842 about 25 yrs. ago, and sent it off to
the "Wisconsin Innovation Evaluation Center" (if I recall the name
correctly.) It was affiliated with the University of Wisconsin. I paid
$100, and filled out a whole booklet worth of questionnaire. They sent
back a many page evaluation, listing strengths and weaknesses of the
product and my business and marketing plan.

Lacking the money to follow up, I shelved the idea, other than making a
few hundred on a milling machine and having some labels and packaging
done. Within a couple of years, a company within 50 miles of the
Innovation Center put the product out.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:17:49 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

[...]

My mother was afraid of that sort of thing. She had maybe not full
designs but at least ideas for one or two household devices but was
afraid of them being stolen. Decades later, I said, Well, since
you're doing nothing and not making any money on them anyhow, you've
got nothing to lose, and maybe we can figure out a way to not get
cheated. But by this time, she'd forgotten her ideas.