bregent

Default Switch locks

I just installed a few PIR activated floodlights around our home. Does anyone
know of a lock to install over a light switch that prevents or makes it more
difficult to turn the switch off? I know I've seen these around but I don't know
what they're called so searching for them has proved difficult. Thanks.

bregent

In article POTie.51$mq.23@fed1read02, says...

http://www.da-lite.com/products/prod...p?cID=8&pID=82

Thanks. That'll work but it's a bit overkill. I don't really need a key lock,
just a small guard that covers the toggle.

HorneTD

bregent wrote:
I just installed a few PIR activated floodlights around our home. Does anyone
know of a lock to install over a light switch that prevents or makes it more
difficult to turn the switch off? I know I've seen these around but I don't know
what they're called so searching for them has proved difficult. Thanks.

Look for "lock out, tag out" supplies at a big box store or child safety
covers at a kids store.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.
Andrew Duane

My local hardware store has some little plastic clips that attach to
the cover plate screw that snaps down to prevent a lightswitch from
being flipped. IIRC, they were about 50 cents....

i can see how the thing i linked to would be overkill. OP did say he
wanted a lock.
Actually all i did was put locking switch cover into google and that was the
first thing to come up.

ml
The Real Tom

On 18 May 2005 20:01:11 -0700, bregent
wrote:

I just installed a few PIR activated floodlights around our home. Does anyone
know of a lock to install over a light switch that prevents or makes it more
difficult to turn the switch off? I know I've seen these around but I don't know
what they're called so searching for them has proved difficult. Thanks.

I've tried looking for an image, but I've seen what you are talking
about at home depot.

It is a piece of plastic that stretches from the top screw to the
bottom screw on the faceplate. Looks like a small bumpt that covers
the snap switch, preventing the operation unless you come through one
side of it. It is not TOO noticible, and prevents accidental switch
operation.

Now what I did find when I was searching for the product I saw, was
these:

Child safety item: http://www.chopurl.com/968

Lock out device: http://www.chopurl.com/969

hth,