Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need kitchen faucet recommendations

Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 1:58*pm, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

* *I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. *Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. *(The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

* *My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. *Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

I highly recommend Kohler. Their customer support is second to none.
When an internal part started to leak in my kitchen faucet they
provided exploded views, installation advice and supplied the needed
parts kit at no charge.

Joe G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 11:06 AM, GROVER wrote:
On Nov 22, 1:58 pm, wrote:
Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

I highly recommend Kohler. Their customer support is second to none.
When an internal part started to leak in my kitchen faucet they
provided exploded views, installation advice and supplied the needed
parts kit at no charge.

Joe G

Thank you.

My local faucet store said that Kohler only give
a one year warranty. Was this within the first year?

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 2:06 PM, GROVER wrote:
On Nov 22, 1:58 pm, wrote:
Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

I highly recommend Kohler. Their customer support is second to none.
When an internal part started to leak in my kitchen faucet they
provided exploded views, installation advice and supplied the needed
parts kit at no charge.

Joe G

That's the same conclusion I've come to.

Amazon seems to have the best prices. Who knew?

Jeff
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

I've been happy with Delta, just put in 2 vanity single lever faucets a
couple weeks ago. Have Delta in the tubs/showers as well. Have Delta single
lever which is separate from the faucet, called a Waterfall in the kitchen.
Although I don't believe they make this style anymore.

The vanity faucets I just installed, are supposed to be guaranteed for
life. Don't know if they advertise their other faucets like this or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 10:58*am, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

* *I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. *Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. *(The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

* *My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. *Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

I strongly recommend Chicago Faucet at:

http://www.chicagofaucet.com/catalog/default.php

You can view their catalog at:

http://www.chicagofaucet.com/pdf/CF1013.pdf

My experience is that you won’t even have to replace the washer for
twenty years. I have their faucets in my kitchen and bathroom. All
their parts are interchangeable in that if one day you don’t like the
spout or want to make it longer you can buy a different spout or an
extension for the one you have to make it longer and it will all fit.
They last forever and I only recommend Chicago Faucets to my clients.
Find the one you like in the catalog and search it at Google Shopping
to get a price and a list of vendors.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 22, 9:05*pm, wrote:

snip

My choice is Price Pfister

My P-F kichen faucet set made 18 months on our Midwest water supply.
Brass parts were etched away to uselessness. Pity, too, because they
have such widely appreciated customer service.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:56:47 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

On Nov 22, 9:05Â*pm, wrote:

snip

My choice is Price Pfister

My P-F kichen faucet set made 18 months on our Midwest water supply.
Brass parts were etched away to uselessness. Pity, too, because they
have such widely appreciated customer service.

Joe

That agressive slough water will eat anything made of brass in less
than 2 years - zinc or pot-metal in a year. Only stainless has any
kind of lifespan, and it gets ugly in a hurry.

Thankfully, NONE of the current PF working parts are even metal. All
plastic and ceramic now. But that doesn't really help much when the
body corrodes off around the cartridge, I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2010 10:58 AM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

My wife found this interesting, no holds barred,
web site for faucet reviews. I thought other
would find it useful too:

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm

Thank you all for the suggestions/recommendations!

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 24 Nov 2010 01:45:18p, Todd told us...

wrote in message
[...]

Peopl complain about Delta, but I've had Delta faucets in nearly
every house we've lived in and never had a problem.

Like the VW of years ago, Delta parts are available almost everywhere. I've
rarely needed them, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 24, 12:50*pm, Todd wrote:
On 11/22/2010 10:58 AM, Todd wrote:

Hi All,

I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything
keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest,
is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing
coming from under the sink.)

My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone
have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant
maintenance nightmare?

Many thanks,
-T

My wife found this interesting, no holds barred,
web site for faucet reviews. *I thought other
would find it useful too:

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm

Thank you all for the suggestions/recommendations!

-T

Do not buy ceramic cartridge faucets if you have galvanized iron pipe
in your house. Ceramic cartridge faucets are for houses that have
copper pipes only. Chicago faucets also makes compression cartridge
faucets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2010 10:00 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
On Nov 24, 12:50 pm, wrote:
[...]

Mine are copper. Thank you!