Posted to alt.home.repair

Default adding a outlet to a dimmer switch

I was wondering if it were possible to add a switch that would retain
my Dimmer for the overhead light in my bathroom and add an outlet to
it? I only see 2 wires attached to the Dimmer now. ..blanck and white.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Anthony" wrote in message
I was wondering if it were possible to add a switch that would retain
my Dimmer for the overhead light in my bathroom and add an outlet to
it? I only see 2 wires attached to the Dimmer now. ..blanck and white.

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but if the two wires attached to the
dimmer are the only wires in the box, you cannot create a new outlet from
those wires. If there are other wires in the box, you probably can

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:06:56 -0800 (PST), Anthony
wrote:

I was wondering if it were possible to add a switch that would retain
my Dimmer for the overhead light in my bathroom and add an outlet to
it? I only see 2 wires attached to the Dimmer now. ..blanck and white.

Nope - you have a "drop" wired switch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The wires are attached to the switch don't matter at all. What matters is
what wires come into the box. If there is only one piece of wire (with 2
to 4 conductors in it) you cannot add the recp.