Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nec code clarification

I'd like a clarification of 300.22C (exception).

Can a NM cable pass through a residential heating system return plenum which
was created by closing the bottom of the ceiling joists with sheet metal.
The cable passes through the plenum perpendicular to the joists

Thanks, rbm

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like a clarification of 300.22C (exception).

Can a NM cable pass through a residential heating system return plenum
which was created by closing the bottom of the ceiling joists with sheet
metal. The cable passes through the plenum perpendicular to the joists

Thanks, rbm

*I picked up my 2011 book today Roy. The exception is still there. I
interpret it as such that it is permissible for the NM cable to pass through
the created plenum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I'd like a clarification of 300.22C (exception).

Can a NM cable pass through a residential heating system return plenum
which was created by closing the bottom of the ceiling joists with sheet
metal. The cable passes through the plenum perpendicular to the joists

Thanks, rbm

*I picked up my 2011 book today Roy. The exception is still there. I
interpret it as such that it is permissible for the NM cable to pass
through the created plenum.

Thanks John, that's how I'm reading it as well.