Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rendered fat 'S' cookies

Mention of rendering lard in another thread reminded me that I've been
searching on and off for years for a recipe for a cookie that uses
rendered fat from ??a sheep?, lamb? goat? ?????.

I had the cookies 40 years ago cooked by a lady who I think was of
eastern European heritage. They were 'S' shaped, melt in your
mouth morsels. She mentioned that the unusual flavor was from
rendered fat.

Ring any bells?

This time my Google searches turned up the term 'Esse di Raveo' for an
S-shaped biscuit- but I can't find a recipe.

Jim