Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing Rubber to Plastic

I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2010 7:39 AM, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?

Check out this site:

http://www.thistothat.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue
should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove
the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to
clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best
glue to use?

If it is optical there is nothing to clean. That is a problem with the old
ball driven mice.

You really don't need the pads that originally were on the mouse. I've had
them come off and simply ignored them.
If you really think you need them, just cut little pieces of any of the
plastic electrical tapes. They will slide and can be removed easily.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

On Nov 5, 8:39*am, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?

Use something slightly flexible, like silicon rtv
or even window caulk, or rubber cement, or leave them off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie" wrote in
:

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of
glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to
remove the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse
to clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the
best glue to use?

If it is optical there is nothing to clean. That is a problem with the
old ball driven mice.

You really don't need the pads that originally were on the mouse. I've
had them come off and simply ignored them.
If you really think you need them, just cut little pieces of any of
the plastic electrical tapes. They will slide and can be removed
easily.

Charlie

try rubber cement or contact cement.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 8:39*am, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to remove the
rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble the mouse to clean it.
If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?

You could try the self adhesive felt pads sold in the big box stores
as furniture leg pads.
Joe G
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of
glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to
remove the rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble
the mouse to clean it. If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a
bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?

You COULD get replacement mouse-feet:
http://www.slicksurf.com/

I'd try the least aggressive glue I could find, probably rubber cement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
I need to glue rubber feet back onto an optical mouse. What kind of
glue should
I use? If I use epoxy or Super Glue, I will probably not be able to
remove the rubber feet to access the screws if I need to disassemble
the mouse to clean it. If I use rubber glue, I have to go buy a
bottle of it. What's the best glue to use?

Do you have any double-stick tape, or carpet tape?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 11:20*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Charlie" wrote :

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Right. It comes in viscous liquid and spray and is just the ticket.
3M's Super 77 or Super Tack are some good ones. Barge is another, but
pretty much anyone will work in a less-than-critical application such
as yours.

Gluing Silicone Rubber to steel robgraham UK diy 5 January 23rd 10 10:23 PM
gluing velcro to rubber? jkn UK diy 9 June 10th 09 04:56 PM
quesion about poison and flollow-up on gluing rubber mm Home Repair 7 September 9th 06 04:39 AM
Gluing Butyl Rubber to metal Brian Reay UK diy 8 February 7th 06 05:44 PM
Gluing rubber to glass Rick Home Repair 8 December 27th 05 06:51 AM