Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT camera battery

Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herbert Mull" wrote in message
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

www.bhphotovideo.com

But call them to discuss the issue before ordering. They're actually
knowledgable. And, I assume (probably incorrectly) that you've already
spoken with Fuji about this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-10-31, Herbert Mull wrote:
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Likewise, I tried to save money on my 10 yr old Canon Powershot camera
battery. The cheapo batteries were crap. like you say. I paid for a
Canon OEM battery at 4 times the cheapo cost, but got a good battery.
You get what you pay for.

I also went through B&H photo.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

Herbert Mull wrote:
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Have you tried Radio Shack? http://radioshack.lenmar.com/RS/
or Interstate Battery http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:18:23 -0400, "Herbert Mull"
wrote:

Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

(Two Egg, Florida)

Or find a local store at this link........

Batteries Plus: http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-10-31, Herbert Mull wrote:
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Likewise, I tried to save money on my 10 yr old Canon Powershot camera
battery. The cheapo batteries were crap. like you say. I paid for a
Canon OEM battery at 4 times the cheapo cost, but got a good battery.
You get what you pay for.

That's why I'm happy that I've never bought a camera that takes
anything other than AAs. [well- not since that Ricoh in 83 that
took 4 wafer batteries that were near impossible to find]

I've got a couple dozen NiMH AAs that recycle through the chargers as
necessary. Every couple years I buy 4 batteries. No time/money
wasted trying to find some exotic battery that will be useless when,
the week after I buy it, the gadget bites the dust.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herbert Mull" wrote in message
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Any reputable vendor should have fresh ones. I've used www.bulbtronics.com
for some.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Froogle will help find sellers.
http://www.google.com/products?q=Fuj...en&scor ing=p

Beyond that, not much I can add. The batteries look a bit like the
ones my Motorola V-120 cell phone took. they last about 4 or 5 years
with use.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Herbert Mull" wrote in message
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up
batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

The model number must be missing from the camera? There must be
50 current and past models with the Finepix name. They don't all use
the same type of battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herbert Mull" wrote in message
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

If you provide information like whether the battery is nimh, nicad, or
alkaline, we might be able to help a little
more.............................

Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:

On 2010-10-31, Herbert Mull wrote:
[...]

Or, as a friend of mine did, took his Nikon to Mazatlan, and discovered he'd
left his charger at home. Batteries were $50, and chargers the same. I had
my reliable AA nimh batteries and charger.

But HIS was a Nikon, and a lot better than mine, although we did not ever
get to compare picture quality.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

The model number must be missing from the camera? There must be
50 current and past models with the Finepix name. They don't all use
the same type of battery.

They do if you make AA size a priority when shopping for cameras