Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT camera battery

notbob wrote:

On 2010-10-31, Herbert Mull wrote:
Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Likewise, I tried to save money on my 10 yr old Canon Powershot camera
battery. The cheapo batteries were crap. like you say. I paid for a
Canon OEM battery at 4 times the cheapo cost, but got a good battery.
You get what you pay for.

That's why I'm happy that I've never bought a camera that takes
anything other than AAs. [well- not since that Ricoh in 83 that
took 4 wafer batteries that were near impossible to find]

I've got a couple dozen NiMH AAs that recycle through the chargers as
necessary. Every couple years I buy 4 batteries. No time/money
wasted trying to find some exotic battery that will be useless when,
the week after I buy it, the gadget bites the dust.

Jim