Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Identify wire

My friend called me up to take a look at some wiring in his garage. He
had an arc in an outlet box and wanted me to check it out. the circut
had a 15 amp breaker, 4 15 amp outlets daisychained. Arc occured
because the backstab connection came lose and shorted against the box.
House was built in 1990. The thing that is a little strange to me is
that the supposedly 14 guage wire is a little small for 14 guage and
is brass colored. Ive never seen any like it. I took a look at a few
more outets around his house and apparently this type of wire was used
throughout his home. The one thing different I did notice in the rest
of the house was that the screws were used instead of the backstab
connections. Can you identify this type of wire and are there any
known saftey issues with using it.

Jimmie

Stripping 40 AWG/45 SWG or finer magnet wire/enamelled copper wire? N_Cook Electronics Repair 22 May 13th 08 06:10 AM
el wire rope lighting electroluminescent FLEXIBLE NEON WIRE (KPT SERIES) [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 5th 06 10:14 PM
el wire rope lighting electroluminescent FLEXIBLE NEON WIRE (KPT SERIES) [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 5th 06 10:13 PM
Identify Wire? Dick Home Repair 10 October 22nd 05 05:53 PM
Help! need to identify a 3 ph transformer and wire it in. JohnF Metalworking 5 June 10th 05 04:59 PM