Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This is going to be expensive

This is a picture taken in my basement where the water line comes in.

http://imgur.com/K634A.jpg

I noticed a couple days ago the streak on the wall below the pipe and
a small puddle of water below. I know this cannot be good news. I
assume the pipe that runs into the house from the street has a slow
leak in it, perhaps due to tree roots growing in? I recall now that
the grass is always a little greener near the house where this pipe
runs. Now I might know why.

How much might it cost to have the yard dug up to fix a water line?
Thousands of dollars I fear. Dreading the call to the plumber.

Thanks....

Mike