Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT You fancy one of these then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2010 12:30 PM, harry wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html

I'm not sure the Greenies that like to drive around in their Prius's
with their nose in the air will like it. It doesn't look like a **** box.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html

Given Jaguar's legendary incompetence at building automobile electrical
systems, I'll pass.

When I wore a younger man's clothes that car would have been fascinating,
but these days I'm into cargo space way more than speed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

When I wore a younger man's clothes that car would have been fascinating,
but these days I'm into cargo space way more than speed.

I still like speed, but I don't care so much for speeding tickets
anymore. Building sports cars for the highway is absurd. You can't use
the torque or the top end without racking up tickets. Hell, I got a
ticket for accelerating too rapidly on a freeway entrance ramp in my
anemic 72 Chevy truck. (Beat that one, though.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
When I wore a younger man's clothes that car would have been fascinating,
but these days I'm into cargo space way more than speed.

I still like speed, but I don't care so much for speeding tickets
anymore. Building sports cars for the highway is absurd. You can't use
the torque or the top end without racking up tickets. Hell, I got a
ticket for accelerating too rapidly on a freeway entrance ramp in my
anemic 72 Chevy truck. (Beat that one, though.)

That's a good one, I'd think tickets for failing to accelerate quickly
enough would be more appropriate. Glad you beat it, that sounds like a cop
with nothing better to do than write revenue-generating tickets.

First time I drove my wife's bullet-car I got a ticket. It's a fun vehicle,
but not so good when making a run to Costco.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2010 11:30 AM, harry wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html

If they produce a lot of them, will the price come down so I can afford
one? 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2010 1:14 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html

Given Jaguar's legendary incompetence at building automobile electrical
systems, I'll pass.

When I wore a younger man's clothes that car would have been
fascinating, but these days I'm into cargo space way more than speed.

If you're like me, I just want a vehicle that will start every time
without any fuss or me having to fiddle with it. I don't have the
time or inclination to disassemble my transportation once a week.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...osts-200K.html

Given Jaguar's legendary incompetence at building automobile electrical
systems, I'll pass.

When I wore a younger man's clothes that car would have been
fascinating, but these days I'm into cargo space way more than speed.

If you're like me, I just want a vehicle that will start every time
without any fuss or me having to fiddle with it. I don't have the
time or inclination to disassemble my transportation once a week.

TDD

That's fer damn sure. I appreciate seeing a sweet ride, but at this
point it is in the same way I appreciate seeing cute teenage girls walk
by. I value anvil reliability more than the occasional rush these days.
When you hit middle age, being on the side of a country road at 0200
with the hood up is no longer an adventure, it is just a damn PITA.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Somewhere along the path of life my broad mind and narrow waist seem
to have changed places. When I was younger I wondered why and what all
those 4 door sedan buyers were about, now I know. And now days
happiness is a remote starter on a cold winter morning or hot summer
afternoon with a mp3 player in the car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Then you're still not old enough. A cold Winter morning, for me now, is under
32F, not -32F. ;-)

FANCY shock current UK diy 0 August 9th 09 12:57 PM
Fancy a screw? Tim S UK diy 37 November 30th 08 06:11 PM
Some fancy metalworking azotic Metalworking 15 September 13th 08 07:38 PM
woodtek (not the fancy one) Ralph E Lindberg Woodturning 0 May 31st 05 01:35 PM
Looking for plans for a Fancy Top Joe Comunale Woodturning 3 February 8th 04 01:57 AM