Posted to alt.home.repair

Default patching a concrete corner

As part of my recent renovations, we filled in a drop in the concrete
in front so that it's now possible to walk from the front door to the
carport without stepping up or down. It was just a small step but it
was in a bad spot.

Only problem is we didn't have the forms sufficiently secure, and
there's now a gap in the top of the front edge, roughly 1/2" x 1". I'd
like to fill it in (and then paint that edge to make it more visible
at night, but that's a separate issue).

http://paleo.org/private/missingcorner-1.jpg
http://paleo.org/private/missingcorner-2.jpg

What material and technique would you suggest? I see all kinds of high
strength cement, vinyl concrete patcher, etc at the big boxes, but
they come with very little information about what they would be good
for (and the Quikrete web site doesn't have much info either).

When I say technique, I'm mostly wondering whether a good product will
hold on adequately, if I need some sort of bonding agent first, if I
need some sort of pegs, if I need something I haven't even thought of,
etc.

Thanks,

Edward
Posted to alt.home.repair

Edward Reid wrote:
Well, I got radical and asked Quikrete directly. They recommend their
Fast Set Repair Mortar. So I'll try that.

Edward

it's against the guy code to either read the package or stop for directions.