Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sealing Exterior at foundation

My 5-yr old house exterior is hardi-plank siding. But at the bottom, it's a
piece of wood plank covering on concrete foundation. The plank is about 1-2
inches above yard ground. Use fingers to check from bottom, the wood plank
is not tightly attached to the concrete. Somewhere around the house, I can
feel quite hollow.

Should I seal the gap between the wood plank and the concrete foundation?
That would be a hard job if yes.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 20, 1:41*am, "John61" wrote:
My 5-yr old house exterior is hardi-plank siding. But at the bottom, it's a
piece of wood plank covering on concrete foundation. The plank is about 1-2
inches above yard ground. Use fingers to check from bottom, the wood plank
is not tightly attached to the concrete. Somewhere around the house, I can
feel quite hollow.

Should I seal the gap between the wood plank and the concrete foundation?
That would be a hard job if yes.

Thanks.

probably not if water gets behind the siding with the bottom open the
water can drain out....

trapped water is bad news...