Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Whacky UK (3)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/14/2010 3:58 AM, harry wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge

I thought this might be about open grate steel bridges. As kids, before
all cars had carpeting, the vibration would tickle our feet on the
floor. We called them "tickle bridges". They sure were slippery when wet!

As far as the new Tickle Cock Bridge goes, that plaque wouldn't last
long here with only 4 fasteners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/15/2010 1:05 PM, harry wrote:
On Sep 15, 3:48 pm, wrote:
On 9/14/2010 3:58 AM, harry wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge

I thought this might be about open grate steel bridges. As kids, before
all cars had carpeting, the vibration would tickle our feet on the
floor. We called them "tickle bridges". They sure were slippery when wet!

As far as the new Tickle Cock Bridge goes, that plaque wouldn't last
long here with only 4 fasteners.

They are probably security fixings. Nobody thinks anything of stuff
like this over here, there are lots of strange anomalies ergo not that
attractive. Hey, maybe I could nick it myself& sell it in
America ;-)

I understand that British visitors to "****ing Austria" are always
stealing the city signs. 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****ing,_Austria

TDD

OT Whacky UK harry Home Repair 3 September 10th 10 08:10 PM
OT Whacky UK harry Home Repair 0 September 10th 10 09:03 AM
OT Whacky one from the UK for y'all. harry Home Repair 2 September 8th 10 12:11 AM
Garage Door WHACKY BradMM Home Repair 15 January 21st 09 04:26 AM
TV going whacky - Fix, or Replace? [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 December 5th 06 01:42 PM