Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet

Well, you can't wait for until after 3 dumps before flushing. My toilet
runneth over.

What is the best way to unclog a toilet?

I've got a huge mess, it's disgusting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Two more things of note.

1) A bucket of the hottest water you can get out of your tub. May
soften the solids, so they can pass down the drain. Well, if it's
draining at all.
2) The green "RV holding tank" liquid is a godsend. Both holds down
odor, and also decomposes toilet solids -- again, so they can go down
the pipe. Prepared people have a bottle at home, in case the water is
off, or the drain is clogged.

You are right, that plunger and then closet auger are the approach.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Cuda guy wrote:
Well, you can't wait for until after 3 dumps before flushing. My
toilet
runneth over.

What is the best way to unclog a toilet?

I've got a huge mess, it's disgusting.

Sounds like you don't know what a toilet plunger is for and don't own
one.

Start he

http://www.ehow.com/video_2329600_us...er-toilet.html

I switched from the traditional type to one of these a couple of years
ago, it really does the job:

http://www.proplunger.com/

If a plunger won't do it get a "closet auger" like the ones shown
he

http://tinyurl.com/2wuzum8

Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob Villa wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:14 pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

The only thing I would add...is the grossest aspect of a situation
like this...if there is an excess of waste in the bowl you need to
remove it (by hand) and not add to what is already clogged. (Some
people cut up the logs with a hanger or turd sword!)

Or just flush before you use the TP to clear the solids.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob Villa wrote in
:

On Sep 6, 7:14*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

.

Start he

http://www.ehow.com/video_2329600_us...er-toilet.html

I switched from the traditional type to one of these a couple of
years ago, it really does the job:

http://www.proplunger.com/

If a plunger won't do it get a "closet auger" like the ones shown
he

http://tinyurl.com/2wuzum8

Jeff

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

The only thing I would add...is the grossest aspect of a situation
like this...if there is an excess of waste in the bowl you need to
remove it (by hand) and not add to what is already clogged. (Some
people cut up the logs with a hanger or turd sword!)

Turd sword? Does HF have them? Is there a coupon?? Just curious...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 8, 7:45*am, Red Green wrote:
Bob Villa wrote :

On Sep 6, 7:14*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Cuda guy wrote:
[...]

Not sure...the ones I've seen where fashioned from a wire hanger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Turd sword? Does HF have them? Is there a coupon?? Just curious...

Just use your wife's electric carving knife. She won't mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 7, 7:00*am, Bob Villa wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:14*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Cuda guy wrote:
[...]

people cut up the logs with a hanger or turd sword!)- Hide quoted text -

"remove it (by hand) "

That's what rubber gloves are for.

Most of us have had our bare hands in chemicals that could actually
hurt us, so quit be so squeamish about a little crap, most of which is
probably your own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On sale last week, 35% off.

In case of excess waste. A tbsp or so of RV holding tank fluid is a
big help, and some hot water.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

The only thing I would add...is the grossest aspect of a situation
like this...if there is an excess of waste in the bowl you need to
remove it (by hand) and not add to what is already clogged. (Some
people cut up the logs with a hanger or turd sword!)

Turd sword? Does HF have them? Is there a coupon?? Just curious...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not at all. But, don't plan to eat dinner tomorrow at home. It might
well be special made, just for .... YOU.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Smitty Two" wrote in message