Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grounding Multiple Electrical Outlets

I am installing multiple electrical outlets in a rec room using romex
and metal outlet boxes.

When I ground the boxes, do I need to make a 4 wire pigtail from the
incoming and outgoing romex, a wire off the grounding screw of the
receptacle, and a wire off of the grounding screw on the box?

Is this the proper procedure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rob Kiz" wrote in message
I am installing multiple electrical outlets in a rec room using romex
and metal outlet boxes.

When I ground the boxes, do I need to make a 4 wire pigtail from the
incoming and outgoing romex, a wire off the grounding screw of the
receptacle, and a wire off of the grounding screw on the box?

Is this the proper procedure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

I generally take one ground and wrap it around the box ground screw, then
make up the pigtail. You may be able to use self grounding receptacles, and
eliminate that wire

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/2010 12:22 PM, Rob Kiz wrote:
I am installing multiple electrical outlets in a rec room using romex
and metal outlet boxes.

When I ground the boxes, do I need to make a 4 wire pigtail from the
incoming and outgoing romex, a wire off the grounding screw of the
receptacle, and a wire off of the grounding screw on the box?

Is this the proper procedure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

yep, if you're playing the code game.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rob Kiz" wrote in message
I am installing multiple electrical outlets in a rec room using romex
and metal outlet boxes.

When I ground the boxes, do I need to make a 4 wire pigtail from the
incoming and outgoing romex, a wire off the grounding screw of the
receptacle, and a wire off of the grounding screw on the box?

Is this the proper procedure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob

Not good batteries. I would send battery to Voltman Batteries in Mansfield
Ohio. They are real fast, ( sent mine out on Monday, got back on Friday)
work good. $45 total for 12V. Check them out online..