Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for LCD wall mount

"desgnr" wrote in message
Anyone have a Sony KDL40ex400 LCD mounted on the wall.
I read that i need 2 3/8" clearance behind it.
The salesman says i can use a Low profile Mount.
Which is right ?
Monoprice keeps sugestioning different mounts.
How can i get the right mount?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Read up on VESA tv mounting standards. You should get your answers there.
Your Sony should have mountings points on the back that conform to one of
several VESA standards. After all my Wal-Mart piece of **** did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Read up on VESA tv mounting standards. You should get your answers
there. Your Sony should have mountings points on the back that conform to
one of several VESA standards. After all my Wal-Mart piece of **** did.

here is a good start:
http://www.home-theater-automation-a...-TV-Mount.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 27, 6:15*pm, "The Henchman" wrote:
Read up on VESA tv mounting standards. * You should get your answers
there. Your Sony should have mountings points on the back that conform to
one of several VESA standards. * After all *my Wal-Mart piece of **** did.

here is a good start:http://www.home-theater-automation-a.../VESA-TV-Mount....

AFAIK, VESA only specs the mounting hole spacing, threads, etc., so
that the TVs will mount to a bracket. I don't believe there is
anything in those standards that specify minimum clearance between the
TV and the wall. Clearly the poster is saying for her TV Sony says 2
3/8 is the minimum. There are wall mounts that are VESA compliant
that mount closer than that.

Not saying that I don't think it can be safely mounted closer than 2
3/8. I do. Only that I don't think VESA comes into play for that
factor.