Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should you really carpet the top step.

On Aug 26, 5:46*pm, sid wrote:
We are in the process of carpeting the steps to the basement, but if
the top step (the one that is level with the first floor) were to be
covered with carpet (just the first 2-3 inches) would create a
tripping hazard. *My carpet layer suggested that we just go ahead and
tack carpet to the step with out any padding and it would not stick up
that much. *Can I purchase a pre-made cover for the top step that will
cover the top step, be cosmetic and stick back 2-3" under the bull-
nose heading into the first floor ?

Thanks for reading.

To each their own, I guess. I wouldn't want carpet on the stairs at
all.