Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless Weed Whacker Problem?

On Aug 26, 5:08*pm, Don Green wrote:
I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Google "problems with sears 18v batteries" and there`s yr answer, its
a sears 18v.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Aug 26, 8:18*pm, ransley wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:08*pm, Don Green wrote:

I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Google "problems with sears 18v batteries" and there`s yr answer, its
a sears 18v.

==
You're supposed to charge those batteries every 30 days no matter if
used or not, otherwise they won't last. Even then they sometimes fail
for some reason. The manual explains the charging schedule. You most
likely will have to purchase a new one for around $69 to $89, them's
the breaks.
==
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 11:57*pm, Roy wrote:
On Aug 26, 8:18*pm, ransley wrote:

On Aug 26, 5:08*pm, Don Green wrote:

I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Google "problems with sears 18v batteries" and there`s yr answer, its
a sears 18v.

==
You're supposed to charge those batteries every 30 days no matter if
used or not, otherwise they won't last. Even then they sometimes fail
for some reason. The manual explains the charging schedule. You most
likely will have to purchase a new one for around $69 to $89, them's
the breaks.
==

I had makita batteries 16 yrs old till they got stolen that still
worked, My ridgids are 4 yrs old, and I never do anything special to
care for them except charge them right. Sears 18v do have a bad rep,
reviews at sears say it. It bet they are chinese seconds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 27, 12:57*am, Roy wrote:
On Aug 26, 8:18*pm, ransley wrote:

On Aug 26, 5:08*pm, Don Green wrote:

I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Google "problems with sears 18v batteries" and there`s yr answer, its
a sears 18v.

==
You're supposed to charge those batteries every 30 days no matter if
used or not, otherwise they won't last. Even then they sometimes fail
for some reason. The manual explains the charging schedule. You most
likely will have to purchase a new one for around $69 to $89, them's
the breaks.
==

If you're going to spend $69 - $89 on a battery, find a place that
sells them for $89.

Then take another $20 bill out of your pocket and buy one of these for
$107:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-N...2914547&sr=8-2

$20 extra feels better than $40 extra. ;-)