Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My sewer got clogged while I was on vacation.

On various occasions over the past 30 years, I have had partial
blockages in my sewer pipe which have caused the basement toilet to
gurgle and bubble when the 2nd floor toilet is flushed. I snaked it
out last year and have been flushing rock salt through the basement
toilet to keep the roots at bay.

We went away for a week's vacation and when I came back I noticed that
the basement toilet was bubbling and gurgling when the 2nd floor
toilet was flushed. It had not done this before we left so I was kind
of surprised.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going have to rent a
power snake this weekend when the problem went away. It has not
gurgled or bubbled for 2 days now.

I can only assume that things dried up while we were on vacation and
the waste was not flowing as well as it should have. 3 days of use by
5 residents and things appear to be back to normal.

Interesting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote the following:
[...]

OK.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd rent the power snake, regardless.

One time I helped clear a drain. Went to the cellar clean out. Used a
cardboard tube from gosh knows what. Roll of wrapping paper, most
likely. Poured a bunch of crystal Drano through the cardboard tube,
so it would go into the center of the vertical stack pipe. Seemed to
help.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Thank you for sharing...............................

Your vacation eterica Home Repair 1 February 6th 08 08:37 PM
Your vacation eterica Woodworking 0 February 6th 08 07:49 PM
Your vacation eterica UK diy 0 February 6th 08 07:48 PM
Vacation Barry N. Turner Woodturning 8 October 5th 04 05:51 PM
clogged main sewer drain asdf Home Repair 2 December 17th 03 04:15 PM