Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher seal

I have an old KA KDS-18 and replaced the pump seal. It looks like it
is self lubed between the seal and grinder wheel, but it squeaks a
bit. (it's not install yet)
Do I need any lube or will the water/detergent quiet this down?
Also, is there any place that shows the adjustment for the seal/
grinder/impeller?

Thanks much,
bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 21, 7:54*am, Bob Villa wrote:
I have an old KA KDS-18 and replaced the pump seal. *It looks like it
is self lubed between the seal and grinder wheel, but it squeaks a
bit. (it's not install yet)
Do I need any lube or will the water/detergent quiet this down?
Also, is there any place that shows the adjustment for the seal/
grinder/impeller?

Thanks much,
bob

Don;t know if you need any or not. But I doubt it would hurt to use
a little bit of the teflon grease that is routinely used on pool
pumps, spa pumps, etc. Should be able to find a tube at your local
pool store.