Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breaker tripping

Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to keep constant temp. So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to keep constant temp. So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA

electronic ignition uses a very small fraction of power (microamps). the one
in my bbq uses a 9v battery to spark.

unless you were on the very edge, no.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to keep constant temp. So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA

Not unless it was shorted out

Posted to alt.home.repair

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Higgs Boson wrote:
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to keep constant temp. So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA

electronic ignition uses a very small fraction of power (microamps). the
one in my bbq uses a 9v battery to spark.

unless you were on the very edge, no.

You are right about the ignition but what about the oven? Is it convection
gas? Does it have fans inside? What's the draw from those?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 20, 5:48*pm, "The Henchman" wrote:
"chaniarts" wrote in message

Higgs Boson wrote:
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. *Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to *keep constant temp. *So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA

electronic ignition uses a very small fraction of power (microamps). the
one in my bbq uses a 9v battery to spark.

unless you were on the very edge, no.

You are right about the ignition but what about the oven? *Is it convection
gas? *Does it have fans inside? *What's the draw from those?

No convection. Plain vanilla oven.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 24, 12:09*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:26*am, wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:50:02 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

wrote:
Remember that thread where I was reporting trouble with a breaker
tripping when MW and gas oven were both on?
Got lots of kind, helpful replies. *Concensus was: replace the
breaker, which I am going to do.

Just an update why that might have been happening; get your expert
reactions:

It occurs to me that the gas oven's electronic ignition turns the
flame on & off to *keep constant temp. *So maybe when the electronic
ignition kicked in,*** would that have been sufficient to blow the
circuit?***

TIA

I think it's YOU who is TRIPPING.

Err...it really should be "...it is you who ARE tripping."

Get OFF the DRUGS.....

Too late. *I already turned you in to the Grammar Police.

HB

You're under arrest !!!!

Higgs Boson, also known as the "God particle". Shouldn't YOU know
this already...are you just testing us? (even if you're only a
particle!)