Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Container floor anchoring

I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router
table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be
able to unmount it quickly. Where can I find some type of t bolts that I
can drill an oversized hole in the wood, put the female anchor in there
flush with the floor, secure it in, and have enough room around it to blow
out chips once I take it loose? I have a router table on a base, table saw,
and metal bender I'd like to anchor down. I think if I use a lag, the hole
will wallow in the wood. I could take some square plate, cut some vent blow
holes, drill it, weld a nut on the underside, rout out a place on the floor,
and mount that with countersinks, but I was wondering if there was anything
available that was pre made that I could just slam down.

Steve

free books while they last!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 17, 7:56*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. *I have a roll around router
table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be
able to unmount it quickly. *Where can I find some type of t bolts that I
can drill an oversized hole in the wood, put the female anchor in there
flush with the floor, secure it in, and have enough room around it to blow
out chips once I take it loose? *I have a router table on a base, table saw,
and metal bender I'd like to anchor down. *I think if I use a lag, the hole
will wallow in the wood. *I could take some square plate, cut some vent blow
holes, drill it, weld a nut on the underside, rout out a place on the floor,
and mount that with countersinks, but I was wondering if there was anything
available that was pre made that I could just slam down.

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com
free books while they last!

threaded inserts are avavilbable for wood (steel, brass or SS) but
typically max out at 3/8" internal thread.
http://www.ezlok.com/InsertsWood/hardWood.html

If 3/8" isnt big emough then .........

SImilar inserts are made for metal but I don't see why you couldn't
also use them in oak.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KWHWAC/...linkCod e=asn

A 1/2"-13 internal thread with 3/4" external thread would give you a
decent amount of holding strength.

You could reinforce the insert / wood interface by drilling a small
hole (~3/32") to allow some epoxy to be squirted down the external
thread.
If you mess up and get some epoxy in the internal thread, a bottoming
tap will clean out any hardened epoxy.

cheers
Bob