Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

Default Trailerable housing

This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On 8/13/2010 6:30 PM, RicodJour wrote:
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Or the perfect beach house. Pack it up and leave before the big storm.
In theory that is! Most likely just ship in the next one.

Jeff

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 14, 12:07*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 8/13/2010 6:30 PM, RicodJour wrote:

This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Or the perfect beach house. Pack it up and leave before the big storm.
In theory that is! Most likely just ship in the next one.

The road might get a wee bit crowded if everybody had one, but it does
make sense in a number of areas.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 13, 9:54*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:07*am, Jeff Thies wrote:

On 8/13/2010 6:30 PM, RicodJour wrote:

This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Or the perfect beach house. Pack it up and leave before the big storm.
In theory that is! Most likely just ship in the next one.

The road might get a wee bit crowded if everybody had one, but it does
make sense in a number of areas.

Perfect the "big island"....... beach front lots subject to lava
flows.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 13, 3:30 pm, RicodJour wrote:
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Looks swell, great concept! Right now besides Haiti, Pakistan,
China and even Canuck Injuns could benefit with them.
Another Rico, one can start small and as little one come along,
and budget improves the customer could trade up.
Are involved with it?
Ken

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

? "RicodJour" ?????? ??? ??????
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Only you need to connect it with electricity, water, sewage and phone and
there you go.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture
RES RES is offline

One of the things I think would make a great business would be temporarily
located homes that could be placed by helicopter and then moved.

For instance, consider a fiberglass or aluminum home that was entirely self
contained. Water would be stored in a tank, solar cells and lightweight
batteries would provide power, waste would be dehydrated to some extent, but
still stored in an attached tank. A company with helicopter would contract
with a vacationer to lift the home to remote areas, such as mountain tops,
lakes, forests etc. and then return to bring in the vacationers. They would
live in the house, and then they and the house would be picked up and
returned to civilization in a week or two. In the meantime, there would be
no "footprint" left where they were and the home could be restocked and sent
out on yet another vacation.

=

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 13, 6:30*pm, RicodJour wrote:
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

I've probably told this story before, but when I was young, I got an
aquarium. It was a good size and, what with the pump/filter and heater
and a few fish, relatively expensive for a kid on a paper route, so I
had to wait to earn enough extra money from my paper route to add the
plants, sand, coral, hiding places, etc.., that would make the fish
feel cozy, protected and at home.

So there the danios were in a completely empty tank-- likely feeling
totally exposed-- which they were-- and vulnerable. So, upon arriving
home a day later, I found to my shock (it's pretty traumatic to a kid)
that one or two had leaped out and onto the floor to dry up. After
about two days, all the danios had lept clear out of the water and
onto the carpeted floor to dry up.

Anyway, this Habitaflex made me recall that rather unfortunate chapter
of my childhood (Y tabarnacle) which I've never quite gotten over (and
probably never will) and the sense that maybe I'd, too, want to jump
out of the Habitaflex, like my poor zebra danios, as soon as I could,
and onto the ground to dry up.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 13, 6:30*pm, RicodJour wrote:
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPDNR2YS3s
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

RES wrote:

One of the things I think would make a great business would be temporarily
located homes that could be placed by helicopter and then moved.

For instance, consider a fiberglass or aluminum home that was entirely
self contained. Water would be stored in a tank, solar cells and
lightweight batteries would provide power, waste would be dehydrated to
some extent, but still stored in an attached tank. A company with
helicopter would contract with a vacationer to lift the home to remote
areas, such as mountain tops, lakes, forests etc. and then return to bring
in the vacationers. They would live in the house, and then they and the
house would be picked up and returned to civilization in a week or two.
In the meantime, there would be no "footprint" left where they were and
the home could be restocked and sent out on yet another vacation.

Recently I've saw a report on a real estate tv show that covered a company that basically did that,
with the exception that the houses were some sort of tricked-out cargo containers and the company
transported the houses by truck. The company also had a property that was marketed as "virgin" land
where it charged a hefty sum to park the cargo containers.

Frankly, it didn't sounded all that attractive to me. Maybe it was due to how they marketed it but
it appeared to be all style but no substance.

Rui Maciel

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Rui Maciel wrote:
RES wrote:

[...]

I think the market for air-dropped or crane-placed vacation shelters
would be very, very small. People who could afford such things tend to
either prefer hotels, or the high-end RVs that can get places a
mobile-home-toter or low-boy trailer cannot get to. Or (and this applies
to all income strata), they prefer the 'wilderness experience' of the
high-tech tent and fancy fold-up gear.

Over in the sandbox, they have spent a great deal of your tax money on
something called CHUs, Containerized Housing Units. Basically dorm rooms
and shower modules inside insulated shipping containers, stacked up like
Lego bricks. For a six-month tour, it beats the heck out of a tent, but
homey they are not. For these fold-up transformer trailers, I think the
manufacturer has nailed their target market rather well- fast temporary
housing/offices for work camps and post-disaster housing, for people who
need more than a stripped-down travel trailer or single-wide, which is
what they are competing against. For any sort of permanent use, I
suspect a stick-built cabin or a conventional modular would be cheaper
and longer-lasting,

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Aug 13, 6:30*pm, RicodJour wrote:
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

2 words
double wide

About 1/2 the houses around here are modular.
They ship em out, bolt em together, move in.
Yes, most of them look like a double wide.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

"RicodJour" wrote in message
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Bet Palin will get one.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

George wrote the following:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Bet Palin will get one.

Joe Biden is living in one now.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.architecture

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:37:11 -0400, willshak
wrote:

George wrote the following:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house
solutions.
http://www.habitaflex.com/

You could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home
home with you when you left!

Bet Palin will get one.

Joe Biden is living in one now.

Couple of more years Obama will move back into his trailer...

What is the difference between a $7 housing and a $120 housing for recessed lights? MiamiCuse Home Repair 1 February 16th 08 03:43 PM
Helping Housing Somerford Home Ownership 0 February 4th 08 02:08 AM
HUD Housing Somerford Home Repair 0 February 4th 08 02:04 AM
HUD Housing Somerford Home Repair 0 February 4th 08 02:02 AM
Housing affordability Steve Home Ownership 4 February 8th 06 09:42 PM