Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lightening

gpsman wrote:
On Aug 11, 9:55 am, Tony wrote:
It is possible but most of it would *probably* take the path through the
casing and into the ground. I don't shower during a thunderstorm.

Lightning struck my well and besides frying the pump and plumbed
coffeemaker the PVC casing -exploded-. 400 and 40 ****ing feet of
casing had to be extracted along with the pump.

That was a fun three days.
-----

- gpsman

Not covered under home owners insurance? Maybe a high deductible?

I had intermittent shorts in my well. There is a local hardware store
who also services well/pumps. A truck with a 25? foot crane. They told
me they aren't cheap.... I think it was $27/hour. Can't get much
cheaper than that! Oh the shorts were caused by lighting, seems it just
picks a spot and blows the insulation off. They repaired three
charcoaled spots like that. I think they pulled 500', about 100 feet
below the water table line in about and hour then went slower putting it
back in repairing the shorts as they went. The bill wasn't much over
$100! Far below my deductible.

Lightening LSMFT Home Repair 29 August 13th 10 09:45 PM
Lightening gpsman Home Repair 0 August 11th 10 04:33 PM
Lightening strike neaby -- some damage Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Home Repair 4 June 8th 10 03:13 AM
Lightening strike neaby -- some damage Tony Hwang Home Repair 2 June 5th 10 05:13 AM
LCD and Lightening [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 January 12th 06 07:38 PM