Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Toy Money

harry wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:22 pm, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like that fellow was taking care of himself, as best he knew
how. I'm not a drinker, so my approach will be different. I respect
others choices, even when they aren't the same as mine.

What do Mormons do for fun? Whatever it is after you have a year's
supply of food stashed away, then go do it with whatever you have left?
I met a Mormon gal in a bar one time, well she had been a Mormon. A
very nice lady.
My favorite flashlights are the double AA size two batteries with a
decent reflector and krypton bulb, and the million candles rechargeable
12 volt spot light. That thing lights up the night.

I think they collect names on big computer in Salt Lake City. When
they've got everyone's name the world will end. Or when the hard
drive's full. I forget which. Boom.

The Mormon genealogy library always reminded me of that old science
fiction story 'The Nine Billion Names of God'. A lot of good research
come out of that database, even though it wasn't what the church elders
saw as the prime function. A lot of folks that follow other flavors of
religion get mighty ticked off about the posthumous conversions thing,
though.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

And now, you can help out by providing information online.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry" wrote in message

I think they collect names on big computer in Salt Lake City. When
they've got everyone's name the world will end. Or when the hard
drive's full. I forget which. Boom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's hard to explain. But, after quitting drinking 20 + years ago, all
the little things I barely noticed brought pleasure. A job well done,
being kind to others, finding wisdom in the scriptures. It was as
though my senses had sharpened or something. Or maybe I'd stopped
dulling my senses.

At the moment, my work horse flash light is a Mini-Mag with the one
watt Teralux conversion. Gets used many times a day. Those chargable
spot lights are fun, too. The internal lead acid batteries go dead
after a while.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"FatterDumber& Happier Moe"

wrote in message ...

What do Mormons do for fun? Whatever it is after you have a year's
supply of food stashed away, then go do it with whatever you have
left?
I met a Mormon gal in a bar one time, well she had been a Mormon. A
very nice lady.
My favorite flashlights are the double AA size two batteries with a
decent reflector and krypton bulb, and the million candles
rechargeable
12 volt spot light. That thing lights up the night.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2010 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's hard to explain. But, after quitting drinking 20 + years ago, all
the little things I barely noticed brought pleasure. A job well done,
being kind to others, finding wisdom in the scriptures. It was as
though my senses had sharpened or something. Or maybe I'd stopped
dulling my senses.

At the moment, my work horse flash light is a Mini-Mag with the one
watt Teralux conversion. Gets used many times a day. Those chargable
spot lights are fun, too. The internal lead acid batteries go dead
after a while.

I'm glad your faith worked for you. It doesn't work for some people
and there are those who think you're trying to proselytize and push
your religion just because of your little sig which I don't think of
as obnoxious. My Protestant cousins can be so pushy at times that I
want to track down my first grade teacher, Sister Godzilla, the nun
from Hell and turn her loose on them. She might be 100 years old by
now but she could still grab them by the ear or worse. 8-)

TDD