Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Cargo Carrier - 92655 - Experience?

On Jul 29, 9:04*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 29, 8:48*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jul 29, 8:35*pm, (Larry W) wrote:

In article ,DerbyDa d03 wrote:

...snipped...

Larry:

How tight is your carrier bar in the receiver?

I just assembled the carrier and installed it on my vehicle's Class 3
hitch.

There is a lot of play in the receiver. At the farthest back end of
the carrier, I've got almost 2.5 inches of vertical motion and about
the same side to side.

Is yours that loose?

It has a fair degree of rocking up & down, maybe 3 inches,
around the axis of the drawbar, measured at the extreme left or right side,
and maybe 2 inches in a side-to-side, parallel to the ground plane. I
drive at moderate speed when it is installed and loaded, but
I've never worried about it much. There are some drawbar pins and *
attachments available to take the play out if it concerns you. The ones
I have seen have a large bolt that tightens down against the side of
the drawbar.

--
* * *Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler.

* * *Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar. org

Thanks for confirming that it's not just my carrier/receiver.

I've looked up some DrawTite anti-rattle accessories and there are a
few to choose from. I've also run across a few homemade solutions that
I'll look into.

Thanks again.

Found this...sounds simple enough

2/20/2001 12:05:00 PM Submitted by Roy W. from FLORIDA says Rattlin'
Hitch
I had the same rattling problem and here is how I fixed it. I drilled
a 5/16" hole in the bottom of the receiver forward of the pin, and
tapped it for a 3/8" bolt and jam nut. Just tighten the bolt up
against the draw bar and jam the nut up against it. No more rattle.

Drilled...Tapped...Done.

Works like a charm, at least in the driveway. Moving the carrier moves
the whole van now.

The only pain is having to get down on the ground to secure the bolt
and jam nut, but hey, I'll feel much better without the carrier
flopping around behind me.

Harbor Freight Cargo Carrier - 92655 - Experience? DerbyDad03 Home Repair 62 September 7th 17 02:19 AM
Anyone have experience w/Harbor Freight sandblasters? David Nebenzahl Home Repair 16 May 19th 08 04:59 PM
Harbor Freight tmurf.1 Home Repair 30 May 26th 06 07:31 PM
Experience with Harbor Freight tile cutter michael huffaker Home Repair 5 November 21st 04 03:08 AM