Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Malibu lights problem

3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). No problem. I bought bulbs and tried to install them. They
did not work. Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. I tried the bulbs again. They still don't work.

Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 2:59*am, Senin wrote:
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). *No problem. *I bought bulbs and tried to install them. *They
did not work. *Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. *I tried the bulbs again. *They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

Check the buried wire ?

It has probably corroded through where the IDC wire connectors
are tapping the feed for each light...

New connectors or a new length of wire might solve your
problem...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 1:59*am, Senin wrote:
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). *No problem. *I bought bulbs and tried to install them. *They
did not work. *Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. *I tried the bulbs again. *They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

No volts to the lamp, connections are bad or wire, it doesnt take much
dirt or something loose to loose a light. Thats why they are crap, the
time I wasted trying to fix an old set was alot, use a volt meter and
try tightening connections first
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 31, 1:59*am, Senin wrote:
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). *No problem. *I bought bulbs and tried to install them. *They
did not work. *Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. *I tried the bulbs again. *They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

Use your ohmmeter to find the problem. If you don't have one, go to
Harbor Freight and get the $4 model.
You will probably wind up buying new lights anyway. Your call.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Check to see if the socket is getting power.

Move the bulbs around, see if the darkness stays with the bulb, or
with the socket.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Senin" wrote in message
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). No problem. I bought bulbs and tried to install them. They
did not work. Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. I tried the bulbs again. They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Joe wrote:

On Jul 31, 1:59*am, Senin wrote:
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). *No problem. *I bought bulbs and tried to install them. *They
did not work. *Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. *I tried the bulbs again. *They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

Use your ohmmeter to find the problem. If you don't have one, go to
Harbor Freight and get the $4 model.
You will probably wind up buying new lights anyway. Your call.

Joe

You just volunteered to teach the OP how to use the ohmmeter, a tool
which is utterly useless for someone who has zero grasp of electricity
fundamentals.