Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Malibu lights problem

In article
,
Joe wrote:

On Jul 31, 1:59*am, Senin wrote:
3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few
months). *No problem. *I bought bulbs and tried to install them. *They
did not work. *Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I
cleaned them. *I tried the bulbs again. *They still don't work.

Any suggestions?

Use your ohmmeter to find the problem. If you don't have one, go to
Harbor Freight and get the $4 model.
You will probably wind up buying new lights anyway. Your call.

Joe

You just volunteered to teach the OP how to use the ohmmeter, a tool
which is utterly useless for someone who has zero grasp of electricity
fundamentals.