Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shouldn’t there be a tax break for historic buildings for owners that want to maintain them?

http://newstrendstoday.com/regal-rui...les-10/0121981
Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:

http://newstrendstoday.com/regal-rui...les-10/0121981

Sure-- just as soon as we've got a budget surplus. If you like old
buildings- buy one. [I do- and I did. And I donate to folks who are
trying to save other buildings I think are worth bothering with.]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Molly Brown wrote:

http://newstrendstoday.com/regal-rui...illy-crumbles-
10/0121981

Sure-- just as soon as we've got a budget surplus. If you like old
buildings- buy one. [I do- and I did. And I donate to folks who are
trying to save other buildings I think are worth bothering with.]

Jim

What would happen to this country if everyone took your ****ty
attitude and did for themselves without help from government??!??! Hmm?

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Molly Brown wrote:
http://newstrendstoday.com/regal-rui...les-10/0121981

There are...

http://www.nps.gov/hps/tps/tax/incentives/index.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:
http://newstrendstoday.com/regal-rui...les-10/0121981

Of course not.

Regrettably, there ARE tax breaks, but there shouldn't be.

The alternative is for the government to acquire the building - either
through donation (a tax break) or purchase - and lease it out to someone
willing to keep it up.